Gym in the north

We are living in Xemxija and looking for a decent gym. Any recommendations?

Hi - I'm also in Xemxija and when I asked a work colleague the same question he suggested going over to the Radisson at Golden Bay...but I haven't done that yet :(

Looking at their website it's not obvious that they have a gym and a recent tripadvisor review said they were disapopinted with the gym as it was small and some equipment wasn't working....so, that's not very helpful to you...sorry.

I know there's a good Gym at the Ta'Qali complex and also at the Corinthia in Attard *where the work colleague that I asked goes), but they are both a bit of a drive from Xemxija. Let me know what you find as I'm interested myself.

Cheers
Tim

I have been told the one at San Antonio in Buggiba is supposed to be quite good but I haven't had chance to check it out yet

Maritim hotel Antonine in Mellieha has a pretty decent gym with pool and spa. It's on the main steet...opposite side of the church. It been a few years since I've been there but I'm sure they're still there.

From the Maritim website:

a fully equipped gymnasium (offering the latest hi-tech machines in its 150m² and is equipped with air-conditioning and TV screens showing MTV and/or sports events)
gym instructor
personal trainer
a variety of fitness classes including yoga, step aerobics, pilates and kick-and-punch

I don't know if you can get membership if you are not staying there and if so at what price.

Tim

And here's details about the San Antonio in Qawra/SPB/Bugibba:

http://www.sanantonio-malta.com/spa-wel … entre.aspx

Daily rate of €6 for gym (€12 for full facilities)
1 week for full facilities of €24
1 month for full facilities of €50
etc....up to...
Yearly rate for full facilities of €244

Tim

244...thats not to bad at all.Cheers. I may well check that out

I looked into the Maritim in Mellieha about a year ago.  The rates then were:

Single
1 month, 80 euros
3 months, 130
6 months, 190
1 year, 299

Joint
3 months, 210
6 months, 280
1 year, 450

I have no idea if they have gone up since then since I didn't actually join.

I joined the Maritim, its ok, not that many pieces of equipment.
But spa etc is included , including all classes so no extras.
The one at the Riviera is also nice, similar sets of equipment.
Maritim would be an issue with parking though, if youre driving up.

I also used the San Antonio which they were refurbishing when i stayed that side and was ok, Similar setup. If you dont mind the drive then the Westin gym has it all, but the traffic is a downer.

Ask them to give you a trial for a week and see if you like it, they were pretty friendly