English-speaking playgroup?

Hi!!

Anyone know of an English-speaking playgroup, other than international kindergarten?

Looking to find some English-learning companions for my 10-month old son. He will go to Norwegian kindergarten this summer but would like him to have some contact with other English families to help the development of his language.

Maybe some of you have children facing similar bilingual development and would like to cooperate?

Hope to hear from someone soon :)

Hi Hvit and welcome on board!

I hope other members will show up with some recommendations soon!

Regards
Armand

Hi,
You are very welcome to come along to 'Kids Music' group.

You can read more about it here...

parentsinbergen.blogspot.com

Melanie

[Moderated: Off topic]

I have a 20 month old little girl in Fyllingsdalen, she will be starting our local barnehage after the summer. We currently go to a local åpen barnehage and there are a few English speaking families. I think the central åpen barnehagene will probably have even more.
As my LO is only just starting to talk, I hadn't thought of her having English speaking playmates before.
If anyone fancies a playdate in Fyllingsdalen, let me know! :)

Wow! I'm pretty shocked someone deleted my response to this as off topic! It wasn't! So here it is again: the Bergen International Women's group holds a Mom & Tots playgroup - this means English speaking moms with English speaking babies and toddlers playing together. (NOT OFF TOPIC!!!!)

I was surprised too MamaPanda, I saw the message before it was moderated and joined up to the IWG Yahoo group so that I can maybe meet up with some more English speaking Mums in Bergen.

Cool Zombie Tron! My kids are older so I don't join in on the playgroup, but the women I have met from the larger group are very nice.

:)HI I AM IN ENGLAD BUT I LIKE TO LIVE IN NORWAY I SPEAK ENGLISSH   ITALIAN AND MORE DO YOU LIKE TO CONTACT ME I AM HAPPY MY NUMBER IS 00447572343636  THANK YOU

Hi MARCEL1166,

Please avoid using your caps lock on the forum. THank you.

Check out this new thread:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 357#407781

Maybe we can set up our own playgroup! :)

Hi All,

wasn't aware of this tread until ZombieTron made me aware. I hadthe idea to get kids, moms and dads in Bergen together to have a playgroup. We live in the city center ...

More on that in the tread I started:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 357#407781

Please feel invited!

Cheers, Klaus.

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

Wow, so much going on in Bergen! I wonder if any of you will be around in the summer? Down on Stord I never seem to find any other folks with English-speaking children, but this may just be me! My kids are 6 and 3 and are in the Norwegian bhg/school system but I feel they lack a little in their morsmål since it's only myself and the TV they hear using it! (Apart from the occasional visit)

Hi there!
We are new in Bergen, and my son (16 months) is not in barnehage yet. But he would love to play with someone other than his mommy for a change:-) Let me know if there is anybody that is still looking for a play date.

Hello everyone,
I'm curious if there is any demand for (English speaking) child care this summer as most Kindergartens are closing. If so, please feel free to contact me. I have excellent references, and extensive experience in language development especially between age 3-6. Among other things, I have been a head teacher of a preschool class at the German School of Marin in the United States for 5 years.
Good luck with the playgroup!
Vivian

Hello Vivian.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Can you please post an advert in the jobs in Bergen section? It can help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Absolutely,
I'm just curious if the demand for English speaking play groups extends to childcare.
Thanks for the tip.