Room + nanny/canguro services

Hi there,

I believe my request is a bit unusual, but here it goes!

I am an Spanish single mum recently realocated to Brussels (I am moving in September). I would like to find a place to live, could be a shared flat, where room mates would be willing to help me taking care about the child. Generally, I can organize things myself, but I might encounter prolems when I have to travel abroad (what will happen 1-2 times per month). In these cases, I would need someone who take care of my litle daughter (she is 2,5 years old). I cannot afford to have a permanet person at home + renting a house alone, but I could afford working spare working days.

It would be perfect to find a widowed women who rent rooms and wants to get an extra money by baby sitting the days I travel or even a student or unemploed person. It would be convenient to share the flat so that the child dont have to move every time I am travelling.

Well, I know this is quite difficult, but there is maybe someone who fits to this request!.

Have a great day,

Laura

To be honest, you are VERY VERY unlikely to get a reply here and very unlikely to find what ou are looking for either. Post on xpats.com, people have posted links to shared student houses on that website before. You may just have to take your daughter with you. Budget at least 500 per month if looking for a shared room or 1 bed flat. Child care here is excellent between the hours of 7am and 6pm. There is a school near to another hospital (UCL St Luc) where child care at the local school is 6am to 7pm ish, reflecting the shifts of those working at the nearby hospital. The sort of child care you are looking for is usually found by work of mouth, but overnight care is going to be extremely difficult to find.

Hallo schoolmum, yes, I know it is going to be difficult and that probably i will have to stay there to start looking for solutions. Thanks for your ideas.