Moving from Paris to Marseille/winter-spring-2012.

Hi everybody,

I'm a swedish-american man,48 years old/young,and I live here in France,Paris and in le Var(south) Since 28 years,and I'm moving down back to Provence,permanently,in max 1 year,or earlier,latest winter/spring-2012.
And I'm moving to Marseille,wher I've been only once,for 1 week,some years ago,I'm moving down to Marseille for personal and professional reasons,I'm a musician,guitar-player/singer/songwriter.
I wish to get some good info about Marseille,the lifestyle and the atmosphere,the people,and the city,and the safety/security.
And where about to live in Marseille,I'm looking for an apartment or a house,in a nice and safe neighbourghood,like the Castellane and/or tha Prado,an apartment with 3-4 rooms,and with a nice "terrace" or patio,in the sun,for about max 300 000€-330 000€.
I want t buy,and not to rent.
As I'll sell my apartment here in Paris,in the 14th arr,Alesia-Montparnasse,a gorgius apartment and place and area,with a wonderful garden just in front of the house,and close to everything here in the southern Paris,rive gauche,a wonderful ancient old Paris-style-artist-apartment,with a big kitchen and bathroom,and 3 rooms,and huge old-style french windows,with garden-view from all the windows,and exposed to the south-west,sun/light all the day,a gorgius home,3 open stowes.
A very calm and artistic neighbourhood,like a small village in Paris.
I also wish to get some info about the regular job-market in Marseille,the international market,bilingual/trilingual jobs,I am perfectly trilingual,French,English,Swedish,and some skills in german and spanish.
Have been growing up and living in Stockholm,Sweden,and in Los Angeles,US,and in London,UK.
I also wish to know others in Marseille,friends and contacts,french and american and english,and swedish.
Thanks and my very best regards to you all,
Mr Seth Isander Wahlberg,Paris,France.

Hi Choky!

I hope other members will be able to give you some advices soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Seth - you will probably get a better response if you break this into several topics.  You could separately post about the apartment for sale, looking for an apartment, looking for Marseille info, and looking for a job.  Also, try the classified areas of this forum.
I do know that the Survive France network has a group for professional musicians - you might try there for leads on that:  http://www.survivefrance.com/group/musicprosfrance
good luck - I envy you your plans :-)
Julie

Thanks a lot Julie,and Armand,I really appreciate your good and friendly answers and good info,thanks.

Ah,thanks...always good to have serious and concrete plans/projects.

I thought that you guys were in Marseille,but apparently you're in the wonderful countries Ile Maurice,and Costa Rica.

All my best wishes to you,Julie,and Armand,and to Costa Rica,and Ile Maurice.

Seth.(Choky)