Living in Dubai with 2750 dhs per month

Hi All,

Im from India, Recently i got an offer in Dubai with 2750dhs per month on Probation and 3000dhs after Confirmation on my employment.. Company provides accomodataion and local transportation.. But im in dark side to accept the offer as i have no idea how the life will in Dubai with above package. Since this wolud be my first abroad experience if take up.. Pls. help me in sharing your experiences and actual cost of living in Dubai..

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,
Amarnath

Dear Amarnath

Before coming here kindly check the following with your company and have it included in your contract or els you regret.

1. Is the accomodation a bed space with 4 more guys in a room sharing one toilet or  its separate room with attached Bath.

2. If you do not cook then eating out would be around 600 dhs in local Indian restaurants [ not up market but normal ones]

3.Medical insurance

4. Yearly return ticket to your home town

Kindly note that Telephone calls are costly in UAE you will end up speninf minimum 200 Dhs for this every month.

regard

sanjeev

hi buddies,
I am agree with Mr sharma. Dubai is very expensive city especially its accommodation rental rates are very high.
if your company provide you a separate or independent accommodation then I think it is not bad. but If they are provide you shared accommodation with 3 or 4 more persons then its your salary package is too low. because in shared accommodation the total expense per head is round about 1500dhs to 2000dhs. it means your total package of salary is around 5000 or 6000dhs.

It really depends what type of job they are offering you.

It looks, though, that the salary is low to sustain yourself. Dubai is a very expensive place to live, even though the salary might look higher than where you currently live.

Peter