Looking for flat in Colombo!

Hi there,

I am moving to Colombo in the middle of june 2011 and im looking for a flat/ room in a shared apartment. i ll be teaching spanish at the university of kelaniya so my ideal place would be not too far from there and not too far from the beach, i think Colombo 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 are nice areas... if u have/know of anything available, i would really appreciate your help!
also, i would love to meet people on the area as i love moving around and being sorrounded by people!!

hope to hear from u!!!

Lucrecia

Hi Lucrecia, and welcome to Expat.com :)

you should also post in the classifieds > shared flats

All the best,

Julien

Hi there!
thanks a lot for your replies!!
i know it will take me a long time to get to uni but i work only 2 days a week so it is better for me to spend time on the road but then have things to do around where i live, i.e. the city. I will probably go for a walk on te beach everyday so thats why it is important for me to be not so far from it.. and yeah, i dont want to be at home the whole days so the more around me, the better!
as for the price, when i went there in march isaw two flats which were very nice, one was for a simple person and another with two rooms.i couldnt take coz i had to go back to spain for a while and now they are taken, but the prices were between 31051 and 46577 sri lankan rupies, so i think thats a good price.
thank u ver very much for your help!!!!!
hope to see u soon in colombo!!!!

Lucrecia

Hi Lucrecia

My name is Rayan from Colombo.
I saw your add on this blog and intersted to have good friendship with you my dear.Meantime I can help you to find a sutable apartment for you from Colombo 3 if you dont mind.

So please let me have your reply on [email protected]

best regards
rayan

hola, que tal?.Yo soy de valencia y llevo aquí 5 meses.Ponte en contacto conmigo y te echo una mano en lo que necesites.
[email protected].
Un saludo.

Hi Alejandrovlc,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Can you please post in English in this anglophone forum so that members can understand.

Thank you.
Christine

Sorry:D

Hello,
Hope this is not too late. But the University of Kelaniya Campus seems spread out over a wide area of Colombo and its suburbs.

Colombo 6 is ok if you are going to be stationed in Cinnamon Gardens complex...but if it is north of that, you might find the commute a bit long, polluted and horrible.

Hope this helps. Enjoy Sri Lanka!!

thanks udhi but i already got the flat and know where the uni is (north!!!)..

everything is super cool here!!!!

how r u doing here??

cheers,

lucrecia

Hello lucrecia,
(Un)fortunately I am still in the UK, envying you and still trying to get my dual citizenship!

Hope you have a great time out there. Make sure you have time to go and chill at places like Barefoot and Loon Tao and the place next to it in Mount Laviniya.

Looking forward to reading about your future adventures in SL!!

Warmest Regards
Udhi

hey!!
thanks for ur message!!

so are u planning on moving here? where r u originally from???
i already visited some of those places and will be visiting the other ones soon, i promise!!!

very much good luck with your visa!!!!

Lucrecia

I am Sri Lankan originally, now based in UK as a UK Citizen - no SL citizenship. Now that all bads things are coming to an end, I am trying to regain SL citizenship too - Dual Citizenship.

I have been back 4 times already since 2010.

The people are still the greatest, I miss it, but things have obviously moved on. I guess I identify with people moving there and trying to settle in, hence joining this forum to help and hinder.

Glad you visited those places!! Hope you enjoyed them. Any time you miss the Spanish winter, visit Nuwara Eliya.

Hope you have a great time in SL.

Warmest Regards

@lucreciabellido : Have you already found a place to stay ?

Hi Lucreciabellido,

Hope you are enjoying Sri Lanka and teaching Spanish at "University of Kelaniya".

I just joined the blog and saw yours is one of the most exciting.

All the very best and enjoy Sri Lanka!

hi there!!

yes, i found a nice place to stay and i m very much enjoying lanka!!!

hope u r doing so too!!

thanks for the messages!!

Hi, It's great to hear you are enjoying sri lanka.

Thanks and I am also doing very well.

By the way have you tried Spanish food at "La Rambla" restaurant?

Thank you very much for your reply again!

Hi Lucreciabellido,

If you are still looking for a place, and are OK with having a Canadian roommate, please let me know! I am in a homestay accommodation at the moment, but need to leave by the 26th of August. I will be living in Colombo for about 1 year.

Hope to hear from you soon!

-Habib

hey habib!

thank u very much but i moved to my place about two months ago and I am not planning to move from here!

sorry!!

very much good luck though!!!

Lurecia
I know lot of intresting people attach to Kelani university
+ I ll introduce U to some nice Centres close by +
Do you like to join as a sri lankan - Tourism ambassoder
planning something with Tourist board
we run a NGO - my email [email protected]
may your dreams come true ................jude

Lucrecia,

Welcome to Colombo. Hope that you are having a good time. I am shifting from India in January 2012' and I will also go through the same ordeal that you went through. I thought it might help if you can give me some tips a d also if you can suggest a good place to stay. Are you open for room mates. Kindly let me know.

Regards

Bappaditya.
[email protected]