Italian to be moving from London to Amsterdam. Advices?

Hi everyone, I got back last week from my 1st trip to Amsterdam, and I must say, it was love at first sight! I'm an Italian who's been living in London (hating it) for 5 years and prior to that in Los Angeles (loving it) for 3 years. Amsterdam seems to be the possible candidate for my next move, but I'd like to have some advices from those who are currently living there. How difficult is it to find a job in Amsterdam if you don't speak Dutch and what are the best websites to look for a job? I'm currently a sales manager in the travel/hospitality business so would be looking for something similar.
I have to say that a key factor for considering moving there is the weather. I was shocked to experience 26 degrees last week in Amsterdam, after not having a proper summer for the past few years in London. So, if you guys confirm that Amsterdam has a proper summer (with sunny days and temperature above 20 celsius) I'm packing my bags right now, as I'm quite fed up with grey gloomy depressing skies all year round! Life is one, and I believe it should be spent where we feel happy, and most of all in a place that feels home to us. Am I wrong?

Hi and welcome to the forum kk2011 :)

I hope other members will show up with some advices soon ;)

Regards
Armand

hello...

its true there is no comparision of Amsterdam....dont worry about weather...because weather comes from your inner...And how to make it hot ...its not big deal

greetings

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Check out werk.nl for jobs there are plenty on there.  Does North Holland get more sunshine than gloomy old London? Yup, gets a lot more in my experience, pack the factor 50 and get on over!

Bill :cool:

Hey there KK,

and welcome to Amsterdam soon, I hope :-)

Yes, the city is special. I am in love with it.

Not speaking Dutch is not perfect, but you might still get a good job. If you could learn Dutch a bit it would make your profile stronger.

It is difficult to predict. You really have to come here for few months to get an idea as to how easy/realistic it would be... If you tired of London and can come for few months to Amsterdam - just do it. Sept/Oct are better for job searching than summer months. Also, being an Italian - you are immediately employable, which is a great thing.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope it was a little helpful.

CC

As someone from the Netherlands. I disagree. I find London to be much sunnier than Amsterdam,and less boring as well!! Amsterdam to me is ugly,like the rest of the Nerherlands. Flat and rainy. But I live in Bristol so I'm even happier

please do not expect much on Amsterdam's weather. As someone said above, the weather is in you mind.

And not speaking Dutch might create some problems for finding a job, but be confident, since there are lots of positions not requiring Dutch speaking in lots of international companies.

Good luck to you!