Physiotherapist

Hi,

I am from Philippines, a Registered PT. Anyone can help in recommending ways to come and work as Physiotherapists in New Zealand?

Hi PTphil,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

You should read the "Work in New Zealand" guide. This might help you in your search.

I wish you good luck
Christine

I am sure you will find a job, but it might take time.

This is because ACC had major cutbacks last year.  Consequently many physios found themselves struggling for work.  I know this because I work in the health sector alongside many people in allied health.  There will always be work, but perhaps not in the geographical area you would prefer to live in.

Check out the Seek website, and look up each DHB websites for their situations vacant.  This might give you a better idea of the current opportunities for physios.  You will need a BA and will need NZ registration before you can practice.

thank you for the advice!

HI PTphil,

You may need to find out the registration of PT in NZ if this will be comparable to the qualification obtained from the Philippines.  Normally, you will need to submit some requirements for assessments. 
All physiotherapists practising in New Zealand need to be registered by the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand and hold an Annual Practising Certificate (APC) issued by the Board.  To obtain an APC, each physiotherapist must produce evidence of continuing competence through ongoing professional education.  For more information see physioboard.org.nz