Expat community

Hi, my name isTom and I am a nubie to this group.  My wife and are starting our plan to move from San Diego down to rosarito or San fellipe ( baby steps) we know there are expat communities in both places, this is good but we are more interested in going into a no expat neighborhood to Emerse our selfs in the cultcher.  We feel it will alow is to learn the language faster and to learn the customs of the area.
So my question is do you have any information as to what neighborhoods would safer in either place rosarito or San fellipe.
Thank you for your time and any help you can give us.
Tom

Butterfly soup wrote:

Hi, my name isTom and I am a nubie to this group.  My wife and are starting our plan to move from San Diego down to rosarito or San fellipe ( baby steps) we know there are expat communities in both places, this is good but we are more interested in going into a no expat neighborhood to Emerse our selfs in the cultcher.  We feel it will alow is to learn the language faster and to learn the customs of the area.
So my question is do you have any information as to what neighborhoods would safer in either place rosarito or San fellipe.
Thank you for your time and any help you can give us.
Tom

Hi,
Since you live in San Diego I would suggest you go down there. Several trips and investigate where you would like to live. Start looking at rentals and see what neighborhood attracts you. In Either place the closer you are to the center of town the safer it is. However that is just a rule of thumb.Also there is a big difference in the weather between San Felipe and Rosarito. San Felipe being much hotter in the summer and Rosarito cooler in the winter. Also are you looking for a house to rent or a condo/Apt. This will play into where you can live once you make that choice as well. Also there are   subdivisions out of town that are quite nice. drive down here and check them out and then decide what best fits you.
Good Luck.

Thanks for the info, we have been to Rosarito many times, just had not thought of moving south at that time.
We will be looking to rent a one or two bedroom house, nothing special just the basics I think we put $500 American in the budget for rent.  San fellipe was just a suggestion from a Freind and I do not like heat so that is out.
Thanks again;
Tom