Dating and finding love as an expat in Ukraine

Hello,

With cultural barriers and different dating norms, finding love as an expat abroad can be exciting and challenging at the same time.

Is it easy to meet other fellow single people in Ukraine?

How do you go about meeting people (through friends, online dating, apps, meetup groups)?

How safe is it to date in Ukraine?

How do you deal with cultural differences when dating?

What are certain dating etiquettes and rules when dating in Ukraine?

How do you deal with getting into a serious relationship if you know you might be leaving Ukraine?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Oh sure they are easy to meet and Ukrainian are hospitable people, but there is a saying that the fox SHOULD be the national animal.   You WILL be targeted and taken advantage of. Even by those who do not mean to.

You are absolutely correct!  Be very careful!  There are some good ones out there but most are hunting...You.

In my opinion, men should avoid dating services that are set up for Ukrainian women to meet foreigners.  Sure, there are good ones out there, but the sheer number of scammers would simply wear you out!

I just arrived in Kyiv and don't know how good or bad it is here.  When I was in Odessa, I've heard some scammers sign up with these dating services.  Since they are real women, no dating services would turn them down.  However, these women are not interested in dating you but only pretending!  They would open up very quickly and charm you.   When you decide to take her out to dinner, naturally, they INSIST it must be a particular restaurant of her choice.  It turns out they are getting a commission from the restaurant for taking you there!  I've heard online that guys ended up being charged $600 or thousands at some sushi bars.  Before you even ask, calling the police wouldn't help because these restaurants have already paid them off!