Dating and finding love as an expat in Austria

Hello,

With cultural barriers and different dating norms, finding love as an expat abroad can be exciting and challenging at the same time.

Is it easy to meet other fellow single people in Austria?

How do you go about meeting people (through friends, online dating, apps, meetup groups)?

How safe is it to date in Austria?

How do you deal with cultural differences when dating?

What are certain dating etiquettes and rules when dating in Austria?

How do you deal with getting into a serious relationship if you know you might be leaving Austria?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hey, I went to Austria for 7 months from September to April, whilst I was there as an aupair I didn't know anyone and was worried about not knowing anyone, I decided to join tinder, & that's where I met the person who I am now moving to Austria to be with, I think in Austria, overall they have more respect for women and generally are nicer, I don't know whether that's because I was surrounded by better people there,  but I found that when I was out, people were just nicer. I think the easiest way I found was online but even going out to local English speaking bars people were more friendly and welcoming and understood English they also often enjoyed speaking English to people as a lot of them have practiced it and know it but don't use it that often☺️
I hope this was of use to you and feel free to you and feel free to ask any questions

Welcome to the Forum Amandajaynee96

A great answer.

Austria is super safe, it does semm to attract people and they end up finding love and finally marriage. I know a few couples that have found love here. I for one :) and 10 years on I'm still here and still together,

If you don't know German your luck would better in larger towns and cities. English is taught in all schools and they do like to practice it with others.