Meet up Saturday 28th May

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying your time in Brussels :)

I know there're lots of people new to Brussels who want to meet up with other expats so I thought it would be a good idea to arrange a get-together.

The plan is just to have relaxing evening drinks. Meet around 6pm at The beer factory, Place du Luxembourg, Ixelles.  Hopefully the weather will be good enough to sit outside for the evening :) 
I guess if anyone want to get some food a bit later we can find somewhere nearby.

Please respond if you plan to come, it would be nice to have an idea of who/how many to expect. 

Jo

Topic sticked ;)

Will be there!
Is there something going on this weekend as well?

Sounds good....I will be there.

Hi there !  Arrived in Brussels couple of months ago for a new job opportunity, I stay here for years
This plan sounds good, and the date reasonnable to organize it!  :) 
I found out couple of nice places in Brussels so far, so if ppl are up to it, new plans could be organized.
Join ppl :D

Great Idea! Count me in :)

Oh! I won't be in Brussels on the 28th, if you arrange any other meeting I'll join!!!

Hi again,

Good to hear that some of you are coming to meet up :)

I've just remembered that it's Brussels jazz marathon next weekend so there are lots of free jazz events on.  I wouldn't say I'm a big jazz fan but I might be go along to something before or after we meet up so if anyone wants to join me...

@JeyJey Please do organise something! I know this time/date won't suit everyone and it's always good to try somewhere new.
J

I'll be there.

Hey Jo, I have just arrived and think your idea for Saturday is great. I will be there. I read your bio, I am also British and looking for pilates/yoga classes. Have you found any yet? Lucy

hey,

I wish to join in for this Saturday as well. I would like to get to know some people.

Gabriel

Hi everyone!

I'd love to be there, and have a nice time enjoying belgian beers hehe and nice jazz music, but I can't this weekend!!! so if you organize something maybe on weekdays i'll definitely be there, have fun!!!

Lily

Hello,
I'm Edouard, I came in Brussels 3 weeks ago.  This meet up is a really good idea, I'll be there!

@Jojoi I'm also ready for the Jazz Marathon, it sounds great (even if I don't have any idea of what is organized). when do you plan to go to the jazz marathon ? Let us know when you have any idea of the "agenda" :) Thanks!

Hi all,

thanks for the invite, Jo...
I will be there this Saturday.
I was just confirming the plan on the web. Here is some update:
-The weather is cloudy 17 degrees. At least no rain expected.
-According to the website I just checked, the Beer factory is closed on Saturday and Sunday! :) Sorry!
But, the bar next to it is open.

I propose to meet at Fat Boy's just next to Beer factory. Click the wiki link below, you will find there a plan of the square. We can meet there, have some chat with our beers and then move to jazz fest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_du_Luxembourg

From there we can also see the people who are trying to get into Beer factory. They will be our people. We should stop them before they go back home! :)

Anyway... Hope to see you at 6 on Saturday.

Thanks sejant! Excellent planning.

I was planning to go over tonight to make sure Saturday was ok but you've saved me a trip :) I won't say too much on the logic of a bar closing for the weekend!!! 

As it's closed it'll hopefully be quiet outside so we can spot each other easily. I'll keep checking for people while we're there so if anyone is late it'll be ok.

@Edouard_D, there's no real plan for the jazz.  I'll look up what events are on and we can decide if there's anything we want to go to at the time.

If you don't know who you're looking for you can't go too far wrong looking for the girl with the big curly hair!

I look forward to meeting you all on Saturday,
J

Hey !

As french people are not motivated to get a drink with other expatriates, I'll be happy to come.
But I'll have to be at the pub @ 9 p.m for the final of Champions League.

Hey yeah, I won't be able to come tonight. I'm watching the Champions league final, I completely forgot about that being tonight and with the meetup. Sorry it's a hugeee game and once a year.

Hey,

Ramona, thanks again for those links.

It was fun meeting everyone yesterday night. Hope to keep in touch and go out again very soon in Brussels or Gent!! :)

Take care!
Gabriel

I had a great time meeting you guys - shame about the score ; ) Thanks for the links Ramona.
Hope to keep in touch!
Selvan

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who come on Saturday.
I had a great time and it was great to meet so many of you.

I'll be organising something similar soon.  Send me a message if you've got any ideas on where to go. 

Look forward to seeing you, and maybe some new people, soon!

:)