I'm new!

Hello everybody!

I'm new in Riyadh, well I got here less than 2 weeks ago. Does anybody know of any events this weekend? I'm feeling a bit lonely as I don't live in a compound or know anybody.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum loydy :)

I hope other members will show up with some good recommendations soon ;)

Regards
Armand

loydy wrote:

Hello everybody!

I'm new in Riyadh, well I got here less than 2 weeks ago. Does anybody know of any events this weekend? I'm feeling a bit lonely as I don't live in a compound or know anybody.

Hello Loydy.
Welcome to Riyadh, hope you are having a good time.
I have sent you some details. see you inbox.

ty.

hey loydy .. welcome to riyadh and the blog..

there is a musical concert in the DQ, its an indian/pakistani band.. don't think you would fancy that ..

other than that .. there are alot of cultural and various events taking place throughout.. what sort of activities are you interested in ?

If you are interested in Bowling or PaintBall.. you can contact SlyShooter .. he usually arranges those events for the blog members.. if you are interested in eating out .. contact nonz.. or if you fancy a movie or sheesha any day of the week.. you are most welcome at my compound

Thanks Kamiii,

I'm more interested in building up a good group of friends and going to compounds for drinks or embassy parties. I like the desert too.

hushhhh .. you don't wanna say things like that in public.. :P

hey loydy!! welcome to the kingdom n this forum, well i have the same interests :p jus wana let you know :p

Hi Lody

Welcome to Riyadh.
Im sure as you get to know a few people and build a social circle you will find may activities to enjoy.

kamiii wrote:

hushhhh .. you don't wanna say things like that in public.. :P

oh yeah...sorry...I mean, I like long walks at sunset in the desert and shopping and watching tv and chatting on facebook until 7am.

:)

hehe tats more like it .. well the desert part and the watching TV can be sorted out very easily.. the other part will need some ground work .. although thats not impossible as well :P there are regular events in the desert .. advertised here as well as outside.. desert safari resort is the best option for desert activities.. sign up for it .. and they have an event almost every weekend.. if the event suits your taste.. go there and have fun .. otherwise you can always enjoy quad biking and food and other stuff in the resort.. even if there is no event ..

For the other scene .... sign up with your embassy .. they have regular events.. and they cater for their people's taste.. and *needs* ..so thats the best part..

welcome to the blog and enjoy your stay!!!

loydy wrote:

Hello everybody!

Hi Loydy .... Welcome to you in Riyadh. I can recommend some places you can interest if you visit them like Riyadh Gallery you will find it on King Fahd road near to exit 4. I can recommend also some game parks in Thumama quarter.

Wish you enjoy with that

hi and welcome to the blog... keep hanging around, u will get many invites

loydy wrote:

Thanks Kamiii,

I'm more interested in building up a good group of friends and going to compounds for drinks or embassy parties. I like the desert too.

Drinks eh? you mean pepsi? barbican? power horse? :P:dumbom:

SaQiB wrote:
loydy wrote:

Thanks Kamiii,

Actually I prefer lemonade...

loydy wrote:
SaQiB wrote:
loydy wrote:

Thanks Kamiii,

Actually I prefer lemonade...

:one

WELCOME!

Hello Loydy,

Welcome to Riyadh and the Forum.  With some time you will find all that is needed and required to survive here.  Network, Network, Network to develop that support group and be sure to have some fun here on the site.  If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.  :)