Same sex married Us citizens to give birth in Thailand

My wife and I (US citizens) will give birth in Thailand using a sperm donor from a different country (most likely Malaysian sperm). Are there any same-sex couples (married in the US) who have done this? Thoughts on obtaining birth certificate and US passport while in Thailand? Thoughts on the second parent adopting the child while in Thailand? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kko2018 wrote:

My wife and I (US citizens) will give birth in Thailand using a sperm donor from a different country (most likely Malaysian sperm). Are there any same-sex couples (married in the US) who have done this? Thoughts on obtaining birth certificate and US passport while in Thailand? Thoughts on the second parent adopting the child while in Thailand? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You can check the US Embassy website in Bangkok or Travel.gov website. There's a process, steps and forms needed. As long as one of the biological parents are US citizens, it should not be a problem. As for adopting a US citizen (child) while in Thailand, I never heard of that being done here for a child that is a US citizen. You may need to contact an attorney on that issue.
See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … broad.html

You can PM me and I can suggest an American attorney working in Thailand for 30+ years, fluent Thai speaker, Thai family, etc. I don't know if he's experienced in multinational adoption but he can definitely refer you to someone else if he's not. He seems very connected.