Coming in an RV to Belize

hello All!
partner Mark and I are thinking about coming to Belize in a 34' RV with our 3 dogs. We have no RV experience, so anyone that has, please offer your advice, it will be greatly appreciated. We are most concerned about the heat and humidity, we are aiming for the San Ignacio area. The idea is to drive it thru Mexico from the U.S. and live in it until we have a better feel for the area, to rent, buy, etc.
~thank you,
Belizeplease

Hi Belizeplease.  Well I don't have any experience driving through Mexico to Belize, but I do live in San Ignacio and know that this is the best RV park here:

inglewoodcampingrvpark.com/

People rave about it!  Good luck!

Sharon

thank you Sharon,
I will investigate. I have also gone to your site and so much appreciate your helping all of us with knowledge and to build community ~ you are doing a great job!
hope to meet in Belize
~ Catherine

Thanks, Catherine - nice to be appreciated :)  Definitely would love to meet you when you're hear.  Just drop me a line. Take care,

Sharon

Thanks for this Thread as we are thinking along the same lines except with a Trailer, keep us up to snuff on how your trip goes!

how safe is this idea considering Mexico's issues ??

I've heard from several people who just recently did this that it is completely safe.  Just stay on the main highway and don't veer off into never never land, and you'll be fine.

BTW, Cancun to Belize is about a five hour drive I understand.

cancun to cayo is 7 hours no matter how you play it I have done that drive twice I think it is safe but from the US seems risky
does anyone know the route people are taking ???

Cruiser, I was saying from Cancun to the country of Belize it is a five hour drive. From Belize City to San Ignacio it is 75 miles exactly - done it many, many times. Takes about 1 1/2 hours.  Hope that explains better what I was trying to say.

hey sharon
not meanin to correct you just adding info :)