Psychiatric Services in Siem Reap

I have searched the Internet for Psychiatrist in Siem Reap but only see some listed in PP.  Does anyone know of Psychiatrist in the SR area? Is traveling from SR to PP a fairly easy trip? Thank you in advance. Greg

Hello Greg.

Although I have no answer to your first question, I answer the second.

You can fly to PP, 40 minutes I believe.
There are also buses running from SR to PP, but of course a longer journey.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

PM me, I might have a contact for you in Siem Reap.

Hi! Did you find a phycologist yet? You mind sharing a contact? Thanks!

Hi. There was a clinical psychologist in SR but she has moved elsewhere now.

There certainly is a Consultant Psychiatrist, Dr Tol. We saw him for my Khmer son at the Siem Reap Referral Hospital. However we now visit him at his private clinic on 7 Makara Street opposite the Future Bright school. Seems a good doctor and is certainly helping my boy. He's Khmer but speaks English well enough.  His phone number is O92 30 83 30/092 79 16 06. However remember Drs treat with medicine.

As far as I know there is no clinical psychologist now but Cameron Wilson and Jason at the Purple Mango Centre both offer counseling services and can easily be found on FB.

I am told, though I dont know for sure, that there's another psychiatrist in SR but someone on here might well know .

Many people, including doctors in SR, told me we would have to go to PP for help. This isn't ideal as these type of conditions often require lengthy treatment periods and repeat visits so, if you can find someone local, so much the better.

Appreciate your fast response!
Thanks a lot!!!

I suggest asking for a recommendation from Royal Angkor Int'l Hospital. Best of luck.

I am sorry not answering your questions. I am staying in Phnom Penh and use Dr. Meth, you can look up his info online. I really wasn't ignoring you.

There is also a Psychiatrist that mostly deals with post Khemer Rouge issues but he charges more for expats vs Cambodians. I and happy with Dr. Meth in PP.

Hi Joe,
I'm staying in PP for now and found a Dr. in the city. He charges $70 for initial visit and $50 for ongoing sessions. I think he is very good and developed a new diagnosis for me me with more relevant medication. He has a website, Dr. Meth.... https://drdaramoonmeth.com/contact/. I hope that helps people. I am buying a bicycle but just want accident insurance alone.....any thoughts.
Thanks, Greg

Glad to hear that. Hope it went well! Cheers.