Seeking for guidance On Urgent Basis!!!

Hi All,
I'm in Budapest now,and came here permanently for settlement, but I have some questions and need some valuable suggestions!

1. Which important documents should I get translated in Hungarian language? (For my kids public/state funded school purposes) or normally in routine I might need? & from which office?? How much would it cost to me?? Is there any cheap and authentic office around here for translation in Hungarian language??
As I'm totally new here and I don't know what to do and where to go?

2. From where can I get the public health insurance? I mean in which office should I go and enroll myself and my kids? (Their ages are 10yrs,8yrs,5yrs & 19 months) I heard for adults there will be a monthly fee (don't know how much) but for kids it's free of charge.. is it true? (We all are having permanent residency of Hungary.. so that's why I'm looking for public health insurance)

3. After signing the contract for home.. where should I go to apply for address card?? And what is the procedure?? As I will be renting an apartment on this Wednesday.. so the owner wants it to be done in notary office.. is it safe??

4. From where can I get the tax card?? I mean where should I go? In which office?? Do I have to pay tax for my kids as well?? If yes then how and what's the procedure?
As my husband is working in Middle East and he will be sending our monthly expenditures from there... So will tax gonna apply on us in this situation also??

Big post and it's late so I'll dip in on one or two....and let others throw in for the other questions.

The ONLY place you can do official translations which are notarised/attested is OFFI.  You can see what it costs there on their web site. 

You will need to translate your marriage certificate at least - this is regularly useful.    I believe if it's in a language other than say, English or German or another easily accessible European language, you'll have to pay twice - once from say, Arabic to English, then English to Hungarian.

BTW, don't forget you need a bank account as well as electronic payments are used a lot and you will also need a card for the ATM to get HUF cash.   For a bank account, you'll need your passport, possibly your rental contract and address card too plus your residence permit.     

You can open accounts in major currencies without a problem - like USD, EUR, AUD or GBP etc as well as obviously HUF.  I doubt you could do one in Saudi or UAE currencies but don't know for sure.   You can open the account and add your husband as a signatory but he will need to be physically there.  Running a bank account here is quite expensive.

To register your kids in the school, you need an address card or a contract for the apartment rental to show you are resident in the area covered by the school.  Your 5 year old and 19 month old kids don't need to go to school - compulsory school starts at 6 so that might be next September depending on the child's date of birth.   You can send the 5 year old voluntarily.  You might be able to send the 19 month old to a play school.  Depends if there is one close to your residence.

If you want to put the older kids in Hungarian school, you should get them into Hungarian language lessons asap - immediately. 

Note, to go to school, the kids must be vaccinated (it's compulsory and you cannot refuse). Kids must be over a particular weight and height (that's so they can carry their school bags).   You cannot get around this as they must be checked by a doctor and you need a paper from the doctor to allow them to attend - the school will ask for it.

At least when the kids are in school, the other parents will communicate with you if they can.  It's quite a social system with online discussions and friendships developing amongst the parents.

BTW, up to 6, kids travel for free on the metro/transport system BKK.

Apartment rental, yes, it's safe at a notary or choose your own lawyer you trust.  Do not pay cash, use only bank transfers. If at all possible try and get copies of the ID document of the person you are paying money to.   Then you might have some recourse if it's a con trick. 

You should really find yourself a Hungarian speaking helper to do all this.  I cannot imagine you would be able to drag 4 kids around the town doing these things.  Nothing is in one place. 

Let us know how you get on.

BTW, public holidays Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd next week so the earliest you can do anything is Wednesday.   

Also it's 1/2 term w/b 29th October so the schools will be closed.

Tax and health care issues are both now consolidated under the Hungarian Tax office (NAV). Ask at the nearest tax office for details about if you can apply for national health care or not, and what income tax you have to pay.

I agree with Fluffy2560, you really need to hire someone in Hungary to help you walk through this process. See this for some possible sources of help:

https://www.expat.com/en/business/europ … erpreters/

klsallee wrote:

Tax and health care issues are both now consolidated under the Hungarian Tax office (NAV). Ask at the nearest tax office for details about if you can apply for national health care or not, and what income tax you have to pay.

I agree with Fluffy2560, you really need to hire someone in Hungary to help you walk through this process. See this for some possible sources of help:

https://www.expat.com/en/business/europ … erpreters/

Just to chip in, I'd suggest contacting specifically  tax advisor who can do these things for the OP and say if any tax is due on remittances between husband and wife sent from the ME (Middle East).     

For the health care contributions, it's paid in blocks multiple times a year by Yellow Giro slip in cash at the post office. The NAV tell you how much it is and sends statements and the slips (they have to be filled in - they are not pre-printed).   I am not entirely sure but the kids will be covered within the single payment the OP makes as they will be in school.  It used to be if a woman has had a baby in the past 3 years, no payment was due but I am not sure if that is 100% correct now.

Thank U so much for ur advises! I really do appreciate them! Sorry in advance for long inquiries again! :(

I just found that when we applied for our PR process.. our lawyer already has done translation from OFFI for Birth Certificates for me and my family and Marriage Certificate in Hungarian,and then she sent me all those original documents via email and I saved them already in my laptop..will those copies will  be enough for later on use?

OR should I again retranslate my documents through OFFI?

OR should I ask my lawyer's Firm to provide me with those documents??

OR do I have an authority to ask directly from OFFI to provide me a copy of my documents through their system??

(The lawyer who has done all my process  unfortunately left the firm)

Sorry but I have no relatives, no friends here at all.. that's y I'm totally confused and will be managing everything myself alone! :|

Om Muhammad wrote:

Thank U so much for ur advises! I really do appreciate them! Sorry in advance for long inquiries again! :(

I just found that when we applied for our PR process.. our lawyer already has done translation from OFFI for Birth Certificates for me and my family and Marriage Certificate in Hungarian,and then she sent me all those original documents via email and I saved them already in my laptop..will those copies will  be enough for later on use?

OR should I again retranslate my documents through OFFI?

OR should I ask my lawyer's Firm to provide me with those documents??

OR do I have an authority to ask directly from OFFI to provide me a copy of my documents through their system??

(The lawyer who has done all my process  unfortunately left the firm)

Sorry but I have no relatives, no friends here at all.. that's y I'm totally confused and will be managing everything myself alone! :|

Lawyer should have given you the originals.  The lawyer's firm should have them in their archives.

The originals will have the fancy stamps and ribbons on them.  Everything here has to have a stamp (even if they don't actually need them so get one anyway).

Electronic versions may work if digitally signed by OFFI but the originals are what you really want.  A paper is more valuable. 

Papers you can take them with you and they  person in the government office who wants them can copy them themselves. 

If you have money, really get yourself a Hungarian helper.  You'll find it almost impossible to negotiate without a person who understands what is going on and can explain to you in a language you understand. . 

Mrs Fluffy is Hungarian, speaks natively Hungarian and we still hire people to do this sort of thing.  It takes all the stress out of it if you use other people to do all the messing around.  Believe me, it's really worth it.