Uber en ecuador

buen dia , me pueden informar si en ecuador esta el servicio de uber y si esta regularizado o es servicio ilegal.

Uber is legal and has been running in Guayaquil and Quito since 2017.

I have personally used Uber many times around Guayaquil. Just as easy and efficient as North America

londres120 wrote:

buen dia , me pueden informar si en ecuador esta el servicio de uber y si esta regularizado o es servicio ilegal.

It's only legal for clients. It's not legal for drivers and it's not regulated. The transit authority ANT is trying to regulate it. Currently the fine for driving an UBER car is 2 basic salaries or about $800. The car is also impounded.

Hello everyone,

For the benefit of all members, since feedbacks have already been given, could anyone pen down a translation of the OP's query please...even an approximative one ?

Google gave me "good day, can you tell me if in uber the uber service is and if it is regularized or is illegal service."  :unsure

And as a reminder, questions should be posted in English. The Spanish speaking forum is here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=2160

Thank you in advance,
Bhavna

londres120 wrote:

me pueden informar si en ecuador esta el servicio de uber y si esta regularizado o es servicio ilegal....

Sure, Bhavna. :)

Translation...

Can y'all tell me if there is Uber service in Ecuador .. and if it's regulated or is an illegal service?

Translated by cccmedia.

I have ridden many times in Quito taxis that belong to the legal Easy Taxi program.

Even though I have a car in Quito, sometimes I like to shop across town at MegaMaxi Six* on a Monday -- my pico and placa prohibited driving day.

After I do my grocery shopping and pay at checkout, I walk ten steps to MegaMaxi's Servicio al Cliente desk, where a supermarket host calls up Easy Taxi.

By the time my mozo and I have taken the elevator down to parking with a loaded shopping cart, the Easy Taxi driver is usually pulling up to the lower elevator area.

The taxi is promptly loaded up with my bags of mercancía and off we go, back to Centro Histórico.

I have always been charged an extra dollar by the taxista for the convenience of using Easy Taxi.

Some people use the Easy Taxi app and request a taxi via Iphone or another cyber-device.

cccmedia

*This refers to the MegaMaxi on Seis de Diciembre near Benalcázar stop on the Ecovía line.