What is the process to Marry a Girl in Morocco

Hi everyone

Sorry im new here so didnt know where to post this, hopefully one of you kind people can direct or help me out here..

I am a British Born Citizen living in the UK.
I met my Future wife to be through social media about 2 years ago. She is of moroccan nationality and lives in Morocco. I have been over numerous times in the past two years and we have decided to get married with the blessings of our parents.
I just wanted to know what the process is in order for me to get married in Morrocco.

I used to be married about 10 years ago so i have obtained a copy of the Decree Abolute.
I also have payslips for the last 4 months along with a copy of my Birth certificate, Photocopy of my British Passport with all entry and exit stamps to Morocco.
I know i will need to get a DBS (CRB) check, but is there anything else i need to do here in the UK ?

I will be travelling to Morocco in 3 weeks to have my medical carried out and obtain a report but im confused as to how to do the Police Report check in Morocco and how long does it take. Do i need to remain in Morocco whilst the police check is carried out or can i fly back to the UK. We are looking to get married (nikkah) in December 2018/ Jan2019

I cant take more than 6 days off from work so hoping the Moroccan police check can be done once ive submitted my details and then fly back to UK.....

Your help will be much appeciated.

I think you'll need this criminal records check from the UK: https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx#

Also, you'll need to have your documents verified as original and translated.

Perhaps you should double-check with the Moroccan Embassy

I now have all my paperwork ready here In the UK. Just waiting for the ACRO police report.

I need to book my tickets to Rabat

Any idea how long I'll need to stay in Rabat in order to get all my paperwork approved from the nessasry places. My fiance will receive papers tomorrow and get them translated and attested.

Thank you

Hi everyone

I have completed all of my paperwork apart from a letter from my employer.
i was wondering, in order to get permission to marry, do i need to have a minimum salary because past 6 months I have been working part time which shows im making £5000 a year, but i am also on Employment Support Allowance which gives me £400 a month so total £900 a month....

so, is that enough to apply to marry in morocco and is being on ESA a problem.

Please help

You get the papers from Rabat on the same day! I just got married on Monday / very long painful process is determination is key!

Congrats on your marriage.....

i dont think i made myself clear enough.

once all the paperwork is completed and submitted, how long until i get a reply that all of the paperwork is correct and now you can marry.

Do i really need to fly out on 8th Dec 2018 and stay until 20th Dec 2018

King_khan wrote:

I met my Future wife to be through social media about 2 years ago. She is of moroccan nationality and lives in Morocco. I

Hi King_Khan,

Let me share something with you that was on the news all over the world, because unfortunately is a very very common thing among Moroccan women who marry Western passport holders (just for the sake of a visa/passport).

Please pay very careful attention to this, because you can potentially be ruining your life forever, and end up in jail. This is the story of what happened to an Asian man who recently married a Moroccan woman who he found online...

Faisal Khan, from Sydney, Australia, met wife Asmae on a Muslim dating service and was married for eight months.

Suspicious his Moroccan wife was using him to secure an Australian visa, Faisal turned to a lawyer.

But when Asmae got wind of his plan, Faisal said she feared she could be kicked out of the country and threatened him.

"Now see what I do to you," she said.

After coming home to the couple's apartment one night in April, Faisal found the place trashed with Asmae waiting for him in the middle of the devastation.

She said: "You think you are smart about me and you're talking to lawyers."

Asmae then stormed out of the flat and into a lift.

Hours later, police knocked on Faisal's door, arrested him and charged him for assault.

But a baffled Faisal vehemently denied any wrongdoing.

After spending $20,000 (£11,500) in legal fees and trawling through hundreds of hours of CCTV recordings, Faisal found the lift footage that would clear his name.

Video from inside the elevator allegedly shows Asmae run inside and wait until the doors close to begin punching herself in the face.

She struck herself twice with her left fist, leaving bruises around the eye and cheek.

More footage shows her running from the apartment complex, reportedly to ask police for help.

She has since gone into hiding, according to Faisal, who is demanding she be sent back to Morocco.

"I am the victim now. I got used and abused over and over again emotionally, mentally, financially — you name it. I'm the victim. She did that so now it's her turn to face the consequences," he said.

Faisal is now trying to pay off his legal debts and has called for his former bride to be deported.

This is VERY common, but one of the first times that the evidence gets captured on camera. In nearly all cases, the woman is believed, and the man ends up in jail. If he did not find the CCTV evidence, he would be in jail right now, like many other men who married Moroccan women, and got falsely accused of domestic violence.

Google "faisal asmae" to see it on news all over the world, and view the video of her hitting herself and try to claim he did it.

This is what you're potentially getting yourself into. You have been warned.

Xb23 why you said it's very common  not all moroccon women are bad it's just a stereo type where ever you go you find good and bad people.

Thank you, I agree with you, there is good and bad in every country. I was a victim of this 10 years ago with a girl from Pakistan. Buy my fiance who I met on social media, is nothing like her, intact she isn't very keen on leaving Morocco after marriage and would prefer to us to live in Morocco after marriage which I'm happy to do.

I too have heard bad stories about what happens to a few men in Morocco but I'm 100% she is genuine and her family are nice humble people. My hairdresser is always up after my first marriage in Pakistan.

Fatidina wrote:

Xb23 why you said it's very common  not all moroccon women are bad it's just a stereo type where ever you go you find good and bad people.

It is so so common, that even the American consulate in Casablanca officially warns about it...Enough said.

So you are telling me everyone is the same in Morocco. What a small mind you have. yes there is bad, but in every country, you just have to be a good judge of character.......

please keep your small minded opinions to yourself.

It's your point of view  i don't try to convince you.Do you have any proof of what you have said or just you want to talk and judge.

Fatidina wrote:

It's your point of view  i don't try to convince you.Do you have any proof of what you have said or just you want to talk and judge.

Yes, of course I do. I never speak without proof. I speak only facts and can provide the evidence for anything I say. Not many will like it, but the truth hurts. That's not my problem, but theirs. Deal with it and grow up. Stop being a child. Anyway here is the proof regarding what I said:

U.S Embassy & Consulate in Casablanca wrote:

Internet Romance and Marriage Fraud

The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca warns against marriage fraud.  It is not uncommon for foreign nationals to enter into marriages with Americans solely for immigration purposes.  Relationships developed via correspondence, particularly those begun on the Internet, are especially susceptible to manipulation.  Often, the marriages end in divorce in the United States when the foreign national acquires legal permanent residence (“green card”) or U.S. citizenship.  In some cases, the new American or permanent resident then remarries a wife he divorced before, around the same time as entering into a relationship with a sponsoring American citizen.

Not only is it warning about online marriages to Moroccans, but also pointing out the fact that the Moroccan may have a secret partner, that the Western person marrying them isn't even aware about. Then once they finish using that person, getting their residency and divorcing them, they bring their secret real partner over. Sadly many Westerners are too blinded by love & desperation and because of that do not realize the reality & truth until it's too late. Nor want to accept the warnings. This is exactly what happened to Faisal. As usual like many others, he thought it was a genuine loving marriage, that he wasn't being used. But 8 months into his marriage he realized the obvious truth, which is too late, and now he has ruined himself emotionally, and financially, and nearly ended up jailed for a false claim of domestic violence. If he had done his research and was prepared to accept the warnings and truth, he wouldn't be in the situation he is in. There is a UK guy who posted on this forum a couple of months ago in October, talking about his terrible situation, where his wife ripped her clothes, bruised herself, ran out, called the police on him which he got arrested for, and now he is awaiting trial.

Merry xmas.......

I decided to get marrid in Morocco and we are setting the date for Feb 2019.

I have prepared all my documents that i need to take to Rabat with me.

I have the following.

: Birth Certificate

: Certificate Of non Impediment

: Decree Abolute

: Acro Police Report

: Letter from Employer

: 3 months payslips

According to the Embassy Of Morocco, they state the the first 4 of my documents i have listed

(Has to be translated and certified by the UK Foreign Office Legalization Department (Apostille).

What does this mean ?

The Adoul In morocco has told us that we certify and legalise the document in morocco and that the translators legalise the documents once they have translated them....

can someone help

Hi King Khan,
How did the process go?
I am in exactly the same situation.

Very conflicting information out there so would appreciate your first hand experience being shared.
I have read the requirements given on the Moroccan embassy in UK, but I have since been told that this may not be up to date or accurate even.

Did you need to get the documents legalized and translated here in the UK?
My ACRO police report came pretty early so it maybe 5 months old by the time I go, do you know if this is an issue? I have been advised its usually required documents are no older than 3 months, but this is mainly for the certificate of no impediment or affidavit from the UK embassy in Rabat and so police report being 5 months old will be fine. Can you comment on this?

Hi Adil

I have sent you a message

Please check

Hi Adil

I have sent you a message

Please check

to get married in morocco you need at least to wait 2 months minimum. If you are a pakistani origin it may be even harder but since you have uk passport then you should be ok. Even if you have all the paper works from UK ready be prepared of  more paperworks and bullshits from the administration. Morocco has the worst administration in the world. People are super corrupted and super lazy.If you have any good contact or pay a lot of money the process will be much easier..If you are a normal guy then welcome to hell. Enjoy the good food and be careful from the beggars and thieves while in morocco.

I totally disagree with your post. I arrived in Rabat on Saturday, Monday went to British Embassy for Capacity Certificate, Tueday went to Ministry of Justice which took 1 minutes to fill in the form, went back next day to collect police report, Thursday appointment at court and interview with judge which lasted 2 minutes. Went police station right after for police interview and submitted all paper work by Friday. Sat, sun Mon gone past and on Tuesday got the permission .

Hi hope you do not mi d me messaging you. How kong the the whole process take before you got the nikka certificate. Thank you

Hello

I started the submission process on a Monday, Monday i went to the translator to collect my translated papers which i had prior to my departure from UK had emailed them to my other half to give to the translator. After that went to Doctors for a Medical test.
Did the following during that week......

Submit application for Criminal Report at the Ministry Of Justice in Rabat. collect next day.
Attended court for interview with judge, took 5 mins.
went police station on Thursday for interview and was told to come back on Friday 9 am for interview.
Friday had interview and after that got the all clear from Police and went back to court to submit the complete file.

Got call on Tuesday to say permission granted.. Alhumdolilah

Congratulations on your Marriage! May Allah give u and her lots of blessings.

I'm thinking about marrying a girl from Rabat too, I've only met her a few times when I was out there this year In Agadir, I am going to go Rabat after Ramadan to spend some time with her to see if this girl is the one for me so I will keep you updated.

Can u message me privately i need to ask questions my husband also trapped by morrocon women

Hello I hope I can help you with this
I'm a Moroccan guy and the first  procedure
You have to be a Muslim it's really important and other things
But this one is the hard thing to do ...
But after just some couple of things you don't need to worry about
But you can contact me if you need more information
I'll be happy to help you
Cheers ^^

Can someone help me with this.

Do you need to get your UK documents legalised in the UK?

Or can I just have them translated and certified in Morocco

You need to legalise all document here that are in English. Then email them over to Morocco to be translated.

All documents or just birth certificate and acro police check?

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote any external group on the forum!
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct