Kripa yoga iyengar foundation

Hi all
first time here and considering spending some months in Panjim to study at the Kripa foundation iyengar yoga. 

1. Has anyone heard of this school and practiced there?  Would be very grateful to hear some experiences.

2. What is Panjim like to live in as an expat? Is there much of an expat community there?

3. What are rental costs per month for a one bed?

4. How good is internet connection there?

Thanks so much
A

I took a quick look at the foundation at their web site.  http://www.kripafoundation.org/

I guess I have to ask the question, "What is your background?"  Are you Christian, wanting to convert to Hinduism, or are you looking merely for exercises that focuses only on the physical level?

I am a white American woman, but because of my rather unique life circumstances, I would not choose this place.  Look at the board of Trustees.  In the About Us page, it does not mention anything about who the Master is currently, nor does it state anything about a Master's lineage (Shaivite, Vashnavite, Shaktipath, etc.), parampara or sampradaya.  It appears to be strictly geared for westerners with no to little experience with Hinduism.  My aunt was in a slightly different program in the USA back in the 80s for 5 years and yet remained a Christian.

I bring this to your attention because yoga originates from Hinduism, which is very different from Chrstianity because of cosmogony of the universe and the material world, as well as the cosmology underlying how everything works.  These two areas, for practical purposes covers how differently Hindus and Christians see themselves, other people, how they relate to nature and the animals that depend on nature, and how they order civilization.

If you are a Christian, but unable to accept going around the mental bend far enough to embrace Hinduism to the core, then perhaps this would be fine for you, as it is limited to the material world (meaning the 3 levels of materials, which are physical body, the energetic body, and the mind).  This is what the Christian world understands.  The full implementation of yoga within Hinduism goes beyond the material world to get to the atma that is the animator of the body that is you.  Atma is confused with soul, as they are two different things.

If you are Hindu and wanting to establish a solid practice of sadhana in this way, then you would want to know the Yogi's background, such as who was his/her master or lineage, what the parampara or sampradaya is, and you must take this in consideration of the guru/swami space in India to determine who to go with.  It takes quite some time to eventually arrive at the point that you are Hindu and you are requesting further work through a spiritual master in a traditional setting.  A spiritual master will fit different people's needs differently.  What is right for me may not be right for you, and so on.