Relocation

Hello everyone.
I am looking forward to relocating to Scotland, please any suggestions on where best to live. Thank you.

Hi Miss Lara,

Have a look here,  Best cities to live in Scotland, Glasow has been mentioned several times.

You will also find some hints in the Living in Scotland guide, under the accommodation section.

However, please provide some details on what you are looking for, what would be important to you.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi Miss Lara and welcome to the Forum.

Your information tells me you're a Nigerian citizen, so assuming you can get the appropriate visa, most people in Scotland live in an area between Glasgow and Edinburgh, better known as the Central Belt.  There is a thriving oil region further north in Aberdeen; apart from that, there are people dotted around the country, living pretty much everywhere, but the further north you head, the fewer people live.  You haven't said what you do or are looking for, so it's a bit hard to be specific.

Hope this helps.

Cynic

Thank you for your warm response. I am Nigerian but also Italian. I am looking forward to getting back into the school live as a mature student. I am looking forward to next year but hoping to settle down in the city that would host me for the duration of my studies.
I am looking at Glasgow and Edinburgh. I have worked in the hospitality sector for a while but any descent job is welcome.
Thank you once again for your response.
Warm Regards.

Hello and thank you for your response and tips. l will definitely make use of the links you provided.
I am looking forward to relocating for work and study purpose and would need a great deal of help on where best I can relocate to, that will provide me with quick accommodation and employment.
Thank you once again.
Warm Regards.

Hi and thanks for the further information.

Probably best if you start speaking to the Scottish universities; this link will take you to a wiki page that lists them.

Once you decide on which course/uni you are going to, they will have a wealth of local information on local accommodation (many permit you to live in halls for your first year) and who is looking for workers.

You should be aware that as an overseas student, you may have to pay for some of your courses, they are not cheap.  The Scottish government does fund some courses, so you should be clear to the Universities when you speak to them what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Very clear. Thank you for taking out time to explain this to me. Will have a look at the link.
Warm Regards