Where do I find light fixtures

I am having trouble finding light fixtures for my house.  I need a variety of lights for my Bathroom, ceiling and kitchen.  I am looking for ceiling mount and hanging options.  Does anyone have any recommendations close to CABARETE. 

Kevin

Honey you are really going to want to go to Santiago or Santo Domingo.   Options and prices will be so much better.

Thank you

One option is to buy online at Ikea, Santo Domingo and get them to ship to you. They have a decent selection of lighting:

https://www.ikea.com.do/santodomingo/de … p;hfb=1009https://www.ikea.com.do/santodomingo/de … transporte

Thanks you

Try searching for a commercial elecrtical ompany. Most large electritricians have contactacys for thierr clients. Do a little digging around in the area, best probably will be found in Puerta Plata. Also try Everything Sosua/Cabarete. You never know what treasures you may come across. Good luck, I'll look for you too.

We just had a hanging fixture delivered via Amazon. Then we paid a local electrical guy to install.

Keep purchase under US $200 and properly calculate your shipping weight and it is not outrageous. Ours looks great.

IKEA is also a good option. Buy online from Santo Domingo, have delivered to Santiago or Sosua.

Remember with Ikea you often need special size bulbs only available at Ikea!

True, true, true.....

I am sure that my experience with Ikea must be a rare one. I bought a computer desk that had many good features. A slide out board for the key board, side shelves for cds etc. The assembly was simple & rapid. The problems arose after about 6 months. This was in central Florida, inland from Detona Beach. Having been constructed o "chip board", the parts swelled up with the humidity and basically fell apart. I don't know if they still build them the same way or use a waterproof material now or not. I have no faith in their products because of this. some oriented strand board products are great in construction, however, my desk died a premature death. I prefer solid wood.

hola! They have some solid wood products. Just have to look for them. And the housewares, pillows, rugs, cookware are all good. I am sure we will buy better furniture once we are in the Motherland full-time. But for now, we have been very pleased.

the tinker40 wrote:

I am sure that my experience with Ikea must be a rare one. I bought a computer desk that had many good features. A slide out board for the key board, side shelves for cds etc. The assembly was simple & rapid. The problems arose after about 6 months. This was in central Florida, inland from Detona Beach. Having been constructed o "chip board", the parts swelled up with the humidity and basically fell apart. I don't know if they still build them the same way or use a waterproof material now or not. I have no faith in their products because of this. some oriented strand board products are great in construction, however, my desk died a premature death. I prefer solid wood.

You get what you buy.

Many of Ikea's furnishings are home assembled and made of a variety of wood products and not always solid wood. But that reflects in the pricing. They serve a purpose for a period of time. Investigate the materials used in the package you buy.

It doesn't mean that the home fixtures, fittings and fabrics are equally down specified. And actually the sofas and various other Swedish products available are decent quality and durable for here.

Quite frankly, I find that some of the best value crockery, kitchen utensils and cutlery and fabrics available locally at fair pricing can be found in that store.

I've not bought the electrical fittings in the store but have taken note of some good options available. And they are of European specification aimed at the relevant markets overseas.

The location of the store could not be worse imo. It is a nightmare to get to being just off JFK in a traffic bottleneck. Perhaps just ok for people living north of JFK. Go Sunday and be mindful they open at 11am is my advice.

Some people will like Ikea, some will not.

I window shop at the local IKEA, order online from the Santo Domingo store and have it delivered to Sosua. Sounds complicated, but it is really pretty easy. You can speak to customer service in SD, in English. You can pay by secure/encrypted credit card. When you pick up, you must have the physical card. The Santiago store delivers to Sosua 2 days a week. You cannot purchase on-site in Santiago. But you can order in person at that location.

Thanks