Hello :)

Hello,

I'm Anna from Cracow in Poland. I love to travel, meet new people and try new things. My biggest passion are photography and languages :)

I' m looking for new friends from all over the world and especially from India. I would like to find a job there and start a new chapter in my life.

If there's someone from India, currently living in Cracow, please contact me. I would like to improve my Hindi in exchange for Polish lessons.

Hi Anna,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I have moved your topic on the Krakow forum for better visibility.

I hope you get lots of contacts on the site.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Anna thanks for ur valuable info..and im glad to hear that u wanted to settle in India...As im from KERALA  we spoke here Malayalam, still i knew Hindi i can help u in Hindi frm my knowledge i had in it!!nice 2 meet u Anna :cool::)

hi ana,i am spanish translator from india.like you i also like to meet new people.

Hello Anna, Iam from India living in warsaw what do u do? like to get to know u send me a message :)

Hi!!
Im also in Krakow with my Polish girlfriend and Im looking to meet new friends also!
We have an ex-pat meeting Tues evening from 8pm at Cheers Pub,Grodzka 31....you are most welcome to come if you want...and bring some friends also!!

Richard.

Hello Anna,

I have a friend who is the editor of "better photography" in India.  From what I hear from him, there should be quite a few opportunities for you to get a job there (I don't think he personally is hiring, but there should be freelance jobs available elsewhere) -- or if you want to travel on your own and take shots, of course India is colorful :)

I would suggest that you ask around on this forum for people who have friends and contacts in India who can make your journey there easier.  India is pretty cheap and it is safe -- my wife has Polish friends (ladies) who have traveled in India alone and found it quite nice.  I wouldn't advise that, but I tend to be overly cautious!

I think the University of Krakow has Hindi (or is it Sanskrit) classes and there are a couple of books available Polish-Hindi, by Danuta Stasik.  Remember though that while Hindi is the national language (along with English), it's only really well known in the north -- by 40% of the population who will speak it and of course in the cities.  But English can serve you pretty well in most cities too.

In other states, especially in the south there are other languages spoken and people may not know Hindi at all, but may know some English or neither.  There are about 23 other official languages and I'd guess another 100 more that have less than 2 million speakers, so its impossible to learn them all!

Learning Hindi for a Pole shouldn't be too difficult -- there are a few sounds that are not there in Polish like धा etc which are sounds at the back of the throat, but the script may have a steep learning curve.