Living in dorado

My family  just moved here to Dorado in the RC Reserve,  from North Carolina. We have 2 kids- 3yr & 16mo. We are looking for people that live here to be part of the community. Also, is there any activities for my children. Does anyone live nearby with yo get chikdren.  We are use to ballet, dance, gymnastics, swimming classes, kindermusik and such. We are not fluent in Spanish but working on it.

Rebecca, I would suggest you also use our facebook group "Expats in Puerto Rico", we have several members that live there in the facebook group and many in the surround areas. You will need to answer 3 questions in order to be accepted.
See: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4546107 … =bookmarks

Hi Rey -

This is not the first time I have seen you refer a poster here to the Facebook group for the information they came seeking for here.

I feel like this is circumventing the purpose of this expat forum and preventing other members here from accessing the information.

Some of us don't have a Facebook account and don't want one. Therefore we will never be privvy to the information you dole out over there behind not just a membership wall, but secret questions that have to be answered on Facebook just to gain access to be a part of the group.

Don't you think this is not only a surreptitious undermining of this website, but a power play to siphon off users here at expat.com?

I was going to send a message to Julian aleting him of this side-railing of his website, but dedided it would be better to address it to you first.

Not secret questions. They ask you why you want to join and if you agree to 2 main rules. Those are the questions.

This side of the house currently does not have very many active members, specially in the area of Dorado. Members come, get their answers and become inactive after a while. So there are less people here to provide information. The facebook group is found more easily by people so they join there. However we tell them about this site and encourage them to join it.

I can answer questions that I know the answers to, here and there, but I cannot provide answers from people that are not in this site. So I sent her over there. She can bring the answers she gets and post them over here if she wants.

As to Julien, he knows exactly what I am doing, and he has a logon to the facebook site, this site has administration privileges to the facebook group. The facebook group is an official offshoot of this site, it belongs to this site and I run it for them and with their permission.

Every month or so I inform Julien about the site and the number of members there.

By the way, we tell people in the facebook group to please signup with this site, here is the post, which is in everyone's face and pinned to the top so they have no choice but to read it when they come into the facebook group:

PLEASE READ:
The first Puerto Rico expats group powered by the leading worldwide platform for the expatriates !
If you would like to know about Puerto Rico, what is like living there, how to make the most of it, where to live, how real-estate is different, make new friends, and get answers to your questions so as to make your life easier in the island, come join us and let your friends know about this group.
Some rules:
- No politics, religion or activist statements - post those in your timeline
- No advertising (ads), We are here to answer questions, not promote businesses or services.
- You are free to answer questions and sometimes that means an ad or recommendation, but only when asked for the service or business. So ads in response to a question is fine if posted as an answer to a question.
- Always be polite, we are about making friends.
- Try to post in English whenever possible, most of the members are not proficient in Spanish. A Spanish word here and there intermixed with the text for color or to help them learn is fine but may raise questions from the readers.
Please feel free to ask questions, share your hints, experiences or pictures. Thus, everybody can benefit of your adventure and what Puerto Rico and its area can offer you !
You can also contribute to the development of this group by sharing it with your contacts. Your participation is important! This group is based on a spirit of community, so it is essential to show respect and politeness. So no insult, racist talk, troll or spam will be tolerated.
Who better than an expat to help a future expat?
Not all expats like to use Facebook so also consider joining and participating with us at  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=245

As you can see both this site and the FB group are joined at the hip. The FB group has about 4,000 postings a month, making it impossible for me to bring the information here on a daily basis. What I learn over there I bring here when there is a question about the subject. If people dont ask questions, I can not answer them.

Hi, we live in Dorado. We have a 3 year old girl. She currently attends STEAM Kids of Dorado 1/2 days and she LOVES it. So far it's the only thing she's a part of but I've heard of SOS gymnastics and they offer younger kids classes too.

We are also from NC!

Rey i think its good to also have a fb group,people see their facebook more then this page.

sandrarduncan wrote:

Rey i think its good to also have a fb group,people see their facebook more then this page.

Correct, the FB group is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/454610751563324/ but members must answer 3 questions to be considered for membership and we are very strict as to the rules.

Rey. Already joined. Thanks