Investing - SABB -Mutual Funds (HSBC)

Hey All, I would like to invest in SABB mutual funds . But I see there is one way to invest is to register at HSBC tadawul ..  But i read terms and conditions , they wrote 1 month notice period should be given before leaving Tadawul ...   Is it true?? or In What other ways we can invest money in saudi  ..  As an outsider does anyone here investing money somewhere.. Would like to know the details..

I'm also Interested, I'll be there in a month and I started researching about it.
- My initial search was not very clear of the legalities of it in terms of fees and final profit.
- I also found that KSA has now cryptocurrency ATM where you can handle in cash and it gets transferred to your account then you can invest in different markets.

I'll post here any updates.

yeah. My initial search was also not that clear.. But m keep Looking for websites and articals..

Mutual funds, especially the ones that are being managed by SABB/HSBC are not registered on Tadawul.  These are usually all offshore.  You don't need to be registered with Tadawul to hold these.

As far as investments go in this part of the world, i would always recommend to anyone to invest offshore - basically in the channel islands and if you have a lot of money, then Singapore offshore.   

There are a lot of companies like Generali / Zurich as well as financial advisers who can set up these investments for you.

Personally, I am not a believer in mutual funds and I have investment experience in these spanning decades - both as an individual and also from corporate work side.  When you read the fine print carefully and factor in all of the fund management fees (taken out of your investment on regular basis in units), the return is much less than what you would get if you had invested in an index fund or ETF directly (very low fees).

What is offshore/ channel island please elaborate how to find? What web site or any broker contacts if you have please provide...

Channel Islands is a place ie Jersey, Guernsey and the like.  A lot of offshore banks operate out of there.

You need to approach the banks to see which ones are suitable for you.  Do a Google search. Point to note is that many of them have high deposit requirements. For example, HSBC Expat requires minimum of 60000 GBP to open an account for you.

Secondly brokers are all over the middle east. Some of the good ones are nexus, crescent global etc.

If you are not here, be aware that some countries do not allow you to invest abroad as they don't have freedom of capital movement across borders. Gcc has that.  So unless you are here or in a similar country, no point in asking all of the above.