Meet expats in Da Nang in Dec.

i am heading to Da Nang at the end of Nov. early Dec. and would like to know the area or restaraunt-bar that expats hang out at...i am thinking of retiring there in a couple of years and want to ask some questions  and get some information about living there

Hi Lorne1962,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

To know more about life in Da Nang, i advise you to have a look at the topics in the Everyday life in Da Nang section.

Please feel free to ask all your questions on the forum as well, we might be able to help you more effectively.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

In a few years, things might change a lot. I wouldn't make plans from now. Also, Danang is developing a lot. In just a couple of years, I bet we'll have big shopping malls and first class resorts to highly compete with Thailand, Indonesia, KL etc.

I understand I first went to Vietnam in 2006 and especially  in Saigon it has changed a lot..I just want to talk to people  who live in Da Nang to hear first hand the pros and cons .if anyone can tell me where the best place to meet expats ,have a beer and discuss how it is in Da Nang cheers

lorne1962 wrote:

i am heading to Da Nang at the end of Nov. early Dec. and would like to know the area or restaraunt-bar that expats hang out at...i am thinking of retiring there in a couple of years and want to ask some questions  and get some information about living there

One general tip:

The Mỹ An area of Đà Nẵng, adjacent to Mỹ Khê Beach, has a lot of bars where expats hang out at night.

There are lots of apartments and Hotel/Apartments in this area where many of us live.

During the day some hang at an area called "The Library", on the beach, directly across the street from the "Holiday Beach" resort.

GOOGLE MAPS LINK

In the evening (especially around 8 PM or so) a number of open-air places along Ngô Thi Sỹ (street) and Hoàng Kế Viêm (street) start to fill up with all flavors of Expats and some locals.

Most of the streets that run North/South, connecting those other two, are named "An Thượng" followed by a number (with some exceptions).

I suggest starting at An Thượng 1 and crisscrossing the area up to about An Thượng 10 (Twenty Seven Coffee - Pub is on this street).

Consider morning crawls of coffee spots in addition to evening Bar hops.

Also, there is a Facebook group:

"Da Nang / Hoian Expats Support Forum" where you might find helpful info, as well as a ton of SPAM from local landlords.

Cheers!

Thank you for your info,,that was very  hope to meet you in Da Nang  in Dec cheers

HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR YA?
IM COMING JAN. 27TH. YOU STILL THERE?

thanks everybody for suggestions. moved in to a nice 1 bedroom, with balcony in the An Thuong area.
walk to the beach in 5 minutes. joined a nice gym, found local watering  holes,
rented a motorbike by the month, better than owning. Bakeries and plenty Vinmarts for supplies.
Big  open air market within walking distance too. Check out the HAPPY HEART CAFE, great people and chow.
  Happy as a clam here now 5 months.
blind donkey