Pharmaceutical jobs for English speakers

Aren't there pharmaceutical companies in Colombia, American or otherwise, which would need English speakers for certain positions?

Thanks

Stuart M. Perkins wrote:

Aren't there pharmaceutical companies in Colombia, American or otherwise, which would need English speakers for certain positions?

Thanks

OK, I'll bite - what might those "certain positions" be that would need an English speaker, in a Spanish-speaking country? 

It is more likely that there would be only a very few liaison positions (if any) that
1)  require people familiar with the pharmaceutical business as practiced in Colombia, and either
2)  have a good working knowledge of English as native Spanish speakers, or
3)  be completely bilingual in English and Spanish.

And also just because it's the way Colombia works, probably only a Colombian would be sought first who fits those requirements, and a foreigner would only be considered as a last, distant resort.  This might not hold true if an American-based country sought a representative in Colombia, but I think they'd still want someone who'd fill the requirements I listed.

Do a search for
colombia pharmaceutical industry
...and you can read quite a few articles that forecast a growing market.  But as one article says in part, buttressing my points about needing fluent Spanish to understand and get all the details right in any deal contemplated in Colombia,

“Face-to-face meetings to negotiate and finalize deals are a requirement for success,” she says. “The import/export and approval process is relatively straight forward, once you understand the requirements. Patience and perseverance are essential, as decisions are contemplated over a period of time and require multiple face-to-face meetings.”

And as far as something like clinical trials, the article notes "fewer than 1% of all clinical trials globally are being conducted in the Latin American region."  So only some fraction of that "fewer than one percent" would be in Colombia.

Here is a page listing the Top 20 Pharma Companies in Colombia by Colombia retail market share:
https://pharmaboardroom.com/facts/top-2 … a-ranking/