Maltese I’d card

I am trying to apply for a Economic Self Suffiency card, but have come unstuck on the certificate of entitlement for health.
Can anyone explain this to me please.

You need to have proof of health insurance. That can be a certificate of entitlement or private health insurance. A certificate of entitlement you can only get if you have health insurance from social security of another EU country. You need to aply in this other country at the social security office for a S1 form or E121 (check social security in your EU country) and they will send it to social security in Malta and they send you the certificate you need.

Thank you very much for your prompt response, I will do that.

mandic wrote:

Thank you very much for your prompt response, I will do that.

As a UK citizen you are entitled to basic health cover using the RHA (Reciprocal Health Agreement). This you can apply for in Valetta or Victoria in Gozo with nothing more than your passport. It is sufficient for your application for an eResidence card ( This is not a Maltese I'd card, only Maltese citizens get those) through the self sufficiency route.
The Certificate of Health Entitlement via the S1 form is only available to those UK citizens in receipt of a UK state pension and gives full cover both here and in the UK, which the RHA doesn't. It also entitles you to apply for a UK issue NHIC which the RHA does not and nor does private health insurance.
To apply via the S1 you request the forms from the office in Newcastle, they send two copies which you fill in and take to the office in Valletta, they keep one and send the other back to the UK for confirmation of the entitlement and they then issue you with the Health Entitlement Certificate once they have had that confirmation.

The pinned post at the beginning of the forum tells you what is required for residency application!

Ray

Wow, thanks Ray.  I'm told to go to St Lukes hospital for the certification

Having just reread your reply...
As I am not in receipt of a Uk pension yet, am I correct in my understanding that I just turn up at the Evans Building with my passport and bank statements, and that is enough to get an E residency card on the self sufficiency ticket. Thank you

You will need as mentioned by Foxglove above plus a copy of your rental agreement, I know people on here have said you do not need it now but when renewing our card last month we were told to take ours.     Do you live in Malta or Gozo?

definitly not possible to get residence card on the base of self sufficinet without helath insurance! You need a proof of health insurance. Either it be a private insurance or a certificate from entitlementunit, wich you get from them if you give them proof of insurance (soc.sec.) from other EU country or some EU countries prefer to send it directly to entitlement unit. How it is aranged in UK I'm not sure but definitly they want some proof of insurance in Malta to accept your application. Don't know wich country you are from?

I just went to the whole procedure here in Victoria (Gozo) when moving from Poland so Know what I'm talking about. :)

Officialy they don't need you rental agreement. In my case they did not even ask about it. But when they ask better give it to them because why make things difficult :) But in my experience when you are friendly they help you very good at Gozo office. For my wife and child I applied for as dependents of me and for them they asked als about certificate from entitlement. I pointed out friendly that we were still waiting for these (wich was true) but conform there own form it os not pointed out that they need them (only for me als self sufficient). and they accepted this without problems. When I was there I also heared people srcream and yell at them and then of course they are less willing to help you.

I am uk citizen, and own a property in Malta. I have a uk passport that entitles me to NHS uk and a EHIC. I do not have private health as not necessary. So if I go armed with my passport to St lukes and ask for a RHA form and then to the Evans building , will that be enough?

P.s thank you to you who are trying to help me through this and your prompt responses. It is much appreciated.

Thank you so much. I am assimilating all the replies.

mandic wrote:

I am uk citizen, and own a property in Malta. I have a uk passport that entitles me to NHS uk and a EHIC. I do not have private health as not necessary. So if I go armed with my passport to St lukes and ask for a RHA form and then to the Evans building , will that be enough?

When you become a resident here you cannot use your EHIC card as it's for tourists only.

mandic wrote:

When we first arrived here we simply went to the health entitlement office (now at st. Luke's I believe) with our passports and walked out within 30 minutes with a certificate.
As Gozomo said, once you take up residency here your UK issue EHIC card is no longer valid and your only way to get one is if you work and pay in to the social security system here as you are not elegible through the S1 route.
Please also note that the NHS entitlement in the UK is residence based and once you take up residence here you are not officially entitled to cover in the UK through the NHS. (although you would be treated in an emergency)

Ray

Hi am working in Malta and living in Malta with my long term partner who is Maltese am looking to get an I'd card . How do I go about it , I've been in Malta 3 months and am from the Uk.

As you come from the UK you apply for a residence card not an ID Maltese card.  If you look using the search button you will find a lot of posts on this subject.

Gary4rosina wrote:

Hi am working in Malta and living in Malta with my long term partner who is Maltese am looking to get an I'd card . How do I go about it , I've been in Malta 3 months and am from the Uk.

The pinned post at the top of the forum tells you how to apply for your eResidence card (not Maltese ID card)!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Good luck.

Ray