Formalities to close PostaPay&Save account

Hi Guys,

I've got a question to those of you who have used and successfully closed the Malta Post's PostaPay&Save account. I've thoroughly read the T&C of PostaPay service; however, it's still quite unclear to me - how do I properly close this account and return debit card to them? Unlike, many other Maltese bank agreements I've read, this T&C simply misses the part about the Termination of Agreement from the client's side.

Have anybody here have a hands-on experience with PostaPay services?

Kostya_k wrote:

Hi Guys,

I've got a question to those of you who have used and successfully closed the Malta Post's PostaPay&Save account. I've thoroughly read the T&C of PostaPay service; however, it's still quite unclear to me - how do I properly close this account and return debit card to them? Unlike, many other Maltese bank agreements I've read, this T&C simply misses the part about the Termination of Agreement from the client's side.

Have anybody here have a hands-on experience with PostaPay services?

Whilst there may be a number of people who have such an account, I doubt if many will have closed one as it has not existed that long. Having said that I would have thought the simplest thing to do would be to just go to the nearest post office and close it.

Ray

Just go to post office with your card, id etc and ask them to close the account. They will send you a cheque for any balance you may have.

RayAucote wrote:

Just go to post office with your card, id etc and ask them to close the account. They will send you a cheque for any balance you may have.

I should have added that I went to the main PO in Victoria, Gozo.  They will almost certainly make phone calls as they never seem to know anything about these accounts. You will need to sign a form and you should get a receipt for your card. I recall it took a couple of weeks to receive the cheque from Lombard for any balance you have.
Ray

Thank you very much for your replies.

I went to the post office in Paula and asked this question. After a brief call the clerk told me that in order to close an account I would need to fill in a form and this should be it.