Moving to Montreal from Ontario advice

Hi, my name is Zac. I am a graphic designer working in the tech industry. I've lived in Ontario all my life, in Windsor Ontario (my hometown) and recently I spent a year living in Toronto. I love the city of Montreal and I want to move there. I'm drawn by the low cost of living compared to places like Toronto. I am an Anglophone and don't speak much French but I want to learn. My question is, how difficult is it to find a job in a creative industry as a non-french speaker? Can I get by in the beginning with my limited French and improve over time? Or is French a must when it comes to getting a job as a graphic designer?

You can live in Montreal without speaking French; however, your employment options will be limited. As Montreal is a bilingual city (French-English), most employers require their staff to be either bilingual or French speaking. Few will hire English only speakers. You will be excluding yourself from 80% of the Montreal job market.

Fortunately, there are plenty of opportunities to improve your French language skills (the government provides free classes full time and part time). If you can speak conversational French, your employment prospects will greatly improve.