Finding the schools

Helllo all.
  I just got my tefl from an online shool out of canada. I am in Phnom Pehn and wonder if anyone has a few suggestions about schools. How do I find the ones that do not advertise online and pay $1000 a month. Everyone speaks as though this is a simple easy task, but where do I even begin my search? I am down to my last $160 now and very scared. I do not have family back in America, so this is it. It's do or die. Before anyone scolds me about not being prepared, I came here with $6000. No I did not spend it on woman, drug, or drinking. I am maybe one of few, who did not come for the party.

You're a bit late to try to find a teaching job at the end of your money and in October, when new school years have started already.

But still there are possibilities.

1. Look at the teaching in PP section here on Expat.com, link: https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/camb … ching.html

2. Just a few days ago someone posted a list of schools in PP, look at it, it was in a thread about teaching jobs.

3. After you made a list of schools that look interesting, print your CV, have photo's ready, find a moto taxi known in the area to bring you to all schools on your list, drop your CV with photo and tell the receptionist you will call later for an appointment.
Do 20 schools a day, 5 days and you got 100 schools visited. Good chance one of them is looking for a teacher like you.

Go for it!

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team