Expat Health Insurance

Hi All
I will be residing in Viet Nam staying for periods of six months, then returning to Australia for 2 months, then returning to Viet Nam for 6 months etc. Does anyone know of a good Health Insurance that I may take out in Viet Nam to cover hospital etc should illness occur.
Thanks
Maurice

Try Cigna. It is international. I have tried and contacted to several vietnamese insurance but it seems they don't interested in expat insurance so much. Too complicated for them I think.
But in my experience, hospital in Vietnam, FV for example, charged you more if you have insurance card. It depends on the percentage that the Insurance cover you. If they cover 100%, they you don't have to worry about the Insurrer's pocket. If they only cover a part of the cost, you have to think about it.

Hope this helps.

Cigna is really, really expensive.

hi RossiTran, thanks for the information. I feel its going to be easier to stick with the Australian provider.

Cigna is over the top, I am not worth the money. fully agree

For hospital cover try Bao Viet.

Any one had experience with Pacific Cross for international health insurance? Good or otherwise?

How about Manulife. Anyone tried?

update: they offer health + life insurance together apparently.

Don't confuse Life insurance with Health Insurance. Life insurance companies (such as Manulife) is basically an annuity, payment every year and get the account value back at the expiry date and some guarantee when the insured person dies. Health insurance covers the cost of treatment if the insured person has some conditions need to go to the hospitals. Expats usually need an insurance with good limit, emergency evacuation (in case of emergency needed to go to Thailand or Singapore for treatment or it may affect their life, the insurance company can arrange the airplane) and mortal remain in case of death.

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
hopes6166 wrote:

Don't confuse Life insurance with Health Insurance. Life insurance companies (such as Manulife) is basically an annuity, payment every year and get the account value back at the expiry date and some guarantee when the insured person dies. Health insurance covers the cost of treatment if the insured person has some conditions need to go to the hospitals. Expats usually need an insurance with good limit, emergency evacuation (in case of emergency needed to go to Thailand or Singapore for treatment or it may affect their life, the insurance company can arrange the airplane) and mortal remain in case of death.

In one, Pacific Cross is unbeatable.
In surreptitious advertising.

I am looking for suggestions with health insurance plan, can anyone give me a recommendation. I will be living in Saigon

I use Regency For Expats, been with them 3 years & never had a problem with 3 claims I put in.