Electronic tablet

Hey, y'all!

I am new to this site.  I vacationed in Guanaja last July and made several friends whom are workers of the resort where I stayed.  They are residents of Guanaja.

One of the workers I have stayed in contact with asked if I could bring his daughter a cheap electronic tablet.  He told me that they cost much more in Honduras than the U.S.A.

He would like one with cellular capability as well as wifi. 

If anyone can answer the following questions, I would be greatly appreciative.  I want to help him out and am happy to purchase one for his daughter as a gift.

1.  Is it true that I would get a better deal here in the states and carry it down when I go back there tomorrow?

2.  Does a tablet that can operate on a cellular here be used on a Honduran cell company?  I know when I buy one for myself, I have to choose the cell company I will be using (AT&T, Verizon, etc...).  I am not very tech literate and would hate to buy one for the states that won't work down there.

3.  If I need to buy it in Honduras, does anyone have recommendations of websites to purchase it from?  And can it be shipped to Guanaja?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

Buy one in The US and take it out of the box. This way you will avoid any taxes when your luggage is scanned. Any Wifi tablet will work. Safe travels

If the tablet has a spot to put in a chip you are set if not it's not going to be work

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, Chris!  So I take it you are talking about a SIM card.  I guess my friend would have to buy a SIM card from his cellular phone company to use in it.  That makes sense.  But I wasn't sure if that would work since I am not knowledgeable about tech.

Are tablets really that much more expensive to buy in Honduras than the U.S.?

The majority of the time they are much more expensive.

Ok, then I'll get one for him here and take it to him.

Thanks again, Chris!