37000 per month - what is cost of living?

I have been offered a package which totals 37000 AED per month.
I need to make some calculations to see if I would be better off than in the UK.

What would the average rental be for a one bedroom serviced apartment?
I have no need for a flash car, but would lie to get a ballpark figure for a car lease per month.

Most apartments  seem to be unfurnished - is this correct?

Also the package does not mention flights home. What would be reasonable?
My wife will be staying in the UK And coming out to visit a few times per year - what would you advise on asking for at least one flight for her?

nice to meet you, you can check here for apartment
https://abudhabi.dubizzle.com/property-for-rent/home/

Dear Jhon,
Greetings!!!!

Congratulation for the Job Offer, this package is good enough to enter in UAE market. After getting Entry in UAE market you will see much more increase & boom in your salary and career.

As am living in UAE from almost 3 years and working with Europeans & European Company, below i given my opinion for your concerns based on my experience.

Furnished Studio with attached bath and Kitchen rent is almost 5000-AED to 6000-AED per month in A grade apartment buildings (Where already many European families are living)  But you can find less than this if you can search on Dubizzle.com (Somewhere it's around 3000-AED to 4000-AED also)

Regarding Car, All types of car are available on monthly bases, You can get 1300CC to 1800CC car from 1500-AED to 2500-AED (Based on Renting period) including repair/maintenance. But for this also you need to visit market to get more better price.

Then you also need to pay parking fees (which can be also included in apartment rent or need to pay separately almost 600-AED per month)

(In UAE almost 90% of companies are giving car to their employees)

Regarding Visit Visa, it's not much costly. (30 days 330-AED & 90 days 800-AED)
For Best Rates of tickets you can visit www.skyscanner.com

Minimum overall estimate for your expenses is around 12K-AED per month.

Wish you Good Luck.

Regards,
Mudassar

Hi there , considering the situation as it is today in UAE , the amount offered is good , but you did not clarify , is it on single status or family ? Note : you need to negotiate with your employer for the air tickets back home . It is full responsibility of the employer to provide you tickets back home and visa of course . Otherwise you are in risk ! Another solution is the employer to increase your salary and you will take the cost of the tickets . Airline tickets are on the rise due to rising oil prices and several increments has taken over . A total amount / year for a furnished apartment of  one room is around 75 K AED ( depends of the location )  . You can negotiate also with some hotels / apartments , can provide you good service .  If you want to have savings , you should practice cooking if you have knowledge . Eating out is unhealthy and costly . Leasing a car or rending is not an issue , cars are very  cheap , but I suggest you if you are planning to stay for long , it is preferably to buy a car . Used cars are very cheap . I believe that with a good management of your money you can savings .
Cheers
Aris

Hi again , please don't fall to the message of Mudassar ! It is not as he said !! We both  are Europeans   and it is not possible  your expenses to be only 12 K / month . No way !! From the name of the guy I understand he is from Asia , most probably India . Different culture , a different way of living than ours . I know some of them who lives with 3000 AED / month !
Take care

Dear Maroulis,

This is why i mentioned "Minimum Estimate", And thanks for your Racism reply this is what we expect from you guys.

Apart from overall estimated amount can you please let me know where am miss-leading???

I will appreciate if you can correct me because it's just opinion which we are giving here on the base of our experiences.

PS# Instead of giving racism comments or attacking someone or acting like a superman we can give opinions on the base of our experience.

Regards

When you are giving information to be accurate and not to receive your personal livelihood. It is not a matter of racism , I get used to work with all nationality's ,  but when I see inaccuracies to be written, it frightens me . What the guy is  asking for is correct information, taking into account the standard of living in Europe . What you send him is totally wrong and closing here and more , my intention is to protect him from wrong information's .
Be polite
All the best