Atter 13 years in Costa Rica...

...and I think I am going to stay!  I have loved my experience living here. I feel that moving here is it about the best decision I have ever made. 

I am originally from California (Newport Beach) but more recently from  the Chicago area (Elgin.)  I first came in 2001 with a group from church to spend 10 days to help with construction at a church in Alajuelita.  After that, I came every time the church put together a team, until 2005 when I decided to move here, lock, stock and barrel, as the saying goes. 

What I like most about Costa Rica are the Ticas and Ticos - They are so friendly and accepting.  And, of course, who could complain about living in paradise, in the country with the happiest people in the world (according to National Geographic)  I love taking family and friends to see various sites.  I have traveled from Guanacaste to Golfito and from Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo and south. 

I am hoping to glean information from some of you about experiences that have had,  and to get information that you might be able to impart to me.  I am willing also to share whatever I can offer to others.

Sallyrose Nava
Alajuelita, San Jose

That is  great to hear from an experienced expat who still loves the country . My wife and I are seriously thinking or retiring in the  Costa Rica south pacific zone near Ojachal . We spent 3 weeks there last January and actually ended up buying a lot . 

If you are open we would love to stay in touch with you and are planning another visit end of February early March . We probably need to visit also during the rainy season to see if we can handle that .

Anyway all the best
Mike and Sheri

I would be happy to let  you pick my mind...any time!  I have spend 99% of my time in the Central Valley, though, so I don't know much about the area you are thinking about.