Visa runs

Hello everyone.

I've searched through the forums but there seems to be only one post on this topic. There must be many people living here for more than just three months, so what's the most economical way to head off to another country and pick up a new 3-month tourist visa?

I've read that getting to Phnom Pen results in the very rapid issue (same day!) of another visa, but it's a bit of a hassle trekking there from Nha Trang.

Does anyone have alternatives to this?

Thanks in advance.

Read the reviews on Tripadvisor: choose the best suited to your needs

You can renew once and only once without leaving Vietnam. after yr first renewal then you must leave .

Thanks

Bazza139 wrote:

Read the reviews on Tripadvisor: choose the best suited to your needs

I've already looked through both the Nha Trang and the Khanh Hoa Province forums and there is absolutely nothing, other than one reference to a 36-hour road trip. That's why I was wondering if the people who actually lived in the Khanh Hoa Province might have some advice - hence my question ;-)

My apology.     I'm in Ha Noi,     ..but...

Try typing 'Vietnam Visa', then read the Tripadvisor reviews.   Choose as you wish.

Many (most?) of us just get a budget airline ticket and use the Visa agent to prearrange a VOA.
It is fast and economical, usually USD$100-150 all inclusive.  ( Ha Noi - Bangkok return )
(Yes, (a couple of) land border VOA's are available)   - much less drama... 

The Visa agent will get the approval letter and email it to you (with the application forms)
  Approx. $15 + you must pay at the immigration gate an extra $25 for a 3 month single entry.
      Agents want your future business, so are quick and accurate to reply your questions
       Do: Check prices + be paranoid about filling in names and numbers.   

Prolly cheaper for you...    :proud

Bazza139 wrote:

My apology.     I'm in Ha Noi,     ..but...

Try typing 'Vietnam Visa', then read the Tripadvisor reviews.   Choose as you wish.

Many (most?) of us just get a budget airline ticket and use the Visa agent to prearrange a VOA.
It is fast and economical, usually USD$100-150 all inclusive.  ( Ha Noi - Bangkok return )
(Yes, (a couple of) land border VOA's are available)   - much less drama... 

The Visa agent will get the approval letter and email it to you (with the application forms)
  Approx. $15 + you must pay at the immigration gate an extra $25 for a 3 month single entry.
      Agents want your future business, so are quick and accurate to reply your questions
       Do: Check prices + be paranoid about filling in names and numbers.   

Prolly cheaper for you...    :proud

Many thanks for this.

So it's gonna be around $140 - 150, plus the cost of getting to HCM or Hanoi, plus another $40-ish for the agent - plus an overnight stay in BKK? (Or can you bounce back in a day?)

I'm just trying to work out what this is going to cost each year - maybe $200 x 4?

That's actually more than I'm paying in Thailand - but it seems a lot cheaper (on a daily basis) to stay in Vietnam, so it more than balances out!

Well, no.   Many choose the bus border runs.  A fraction of cost.  I'm both Lazy and hate being onboard (any) road transport.   Read the reviews to get a glimpse of why...

Tripadvisor will show the cheapest agents, (I pay $15) and single x 3 month entry is $25 at the immigration gate.   The VOA is included in the agent fee.   If you choose to go to an Embassy you will pay through the nose.

Yes, you can get a return flight the same day, but (me) the times are too close and I hate being rushed.  Too much room for error.  So I (scunge) sleep at the airport and return one (or two?) days later.   Easy and no stress.   $140-150 is my usual return flight ticket cost from Ha Noi.    Saigon will be cheaper.

Like most of us(?)  I treat it as a break from work (and a challenge to suss out better & cheaper ways)   It's your call, after all.   Attitude is everything.

As others have suggested, you might marry an orphan or widow, but the stress levels might be (much) more severe...   I prefer to fly solo...