Considering relocating to Ireland

My name is Yvonne. I currently live in the Dallas TX , USA area. I am divorced and mother to 2 grown children ages 27 and 30. I am considering moving to Ireland. This may be a while before I make the final decision. County Cork area is what I am interested in. I am a service coordinator for a dental supply company and may be looking to stay in this field. Any information on dental supply companies hiring would be great. Or a sponsorship to move.
I am looking for maybe some housing/farmland or land out in the country either rental or purchasing.
What is the process for me to have dual citizenship in Ireland and USA? I would like to come for a visit to see if this is what I want to do. Where are some good Bed and Breakfast, hotels, etc to stay in Cork area?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Yvonne and welcome to the Forum.

Unless you're an EU/EEA citizen, you will need a work permit if you're going to work in Ireland.  I'd draw your attention to the "IRELAND - WORK PERMITS" post at the top of the Ireland Forum.

Having Irish citizenship will certainly remove the issue you may have in getting a work permit in Ireland; do you have any Irish ancestors?

Hope this helps

Cynic
Expat Team