First Appeal was unsuccessful

Hi Guys,

I am an SPass holder. and my employer applied it for me. After two weeks of waiting, the result was rejected. Reason for rejection was to give priority for locals in hiring. So my employer appelead to MOM for the first attempt.

Yesterday, the appeal result came out. It was unsuccessful.

My question is: how many appeal can we make for every rejected application? Is there a way that my employer can do personal visit to the oficer who reviewed my application? As they wanted to speak the officer in person.

For your kind advise please. Thanks a lot.

You had asked me through PM, and I have already informed what should be done at employer end, below was my reply:

“For any appeal, you should have strong reason why the employer wants to hire you.
They have to prove that they had interviewed locals but skill set didn't match with the requirements.

Yes, they can request the officer to make an appointment and provide a valid rationale. Without strong reason, the appeal will have no impact.
Keep trying.  Good luck”

But chances are slim. Better try other employer and same time enhance your skills set for better opportunities.

Before posting further questions, I would suggest, please read various threads in “visa” and “work” categories as we have covered every possible question. Good luck

He also sent me the same as PM (and I replied) - a real case of kiasu-ness!
For all other reader: PLEASE don't send PM if not necessary. It is generally preferable to discuss issues on the open forum, so others can also contribute their knowledge or later benefit from the answers given. PM should ONLY be used if confidential details are involved!

True, now a days I'm receiving lots of PM despite of requesting to write questions in the open threads so that others can contribute and benefit.

Due to their desperate situation, most of the time I have to reply. But, people should have patience and spend time to go through the open threads to understand how things work in Singapore.

Hope, others can read the message here and stick to open thread discussion which benefits others, unless you are going to disclose your personal information which you don't intend to share in public then you may send PM. Good luck to all.