Physiotherapist in HCMC

Hi All,

I'm trying to help a friend in VN who is having chronic shoulder and neck pain but hasn't been able to find a solution.

Does anyone have any recommendations for physiotherapists in HCMC?

Thanks,

As a retired Osteopath, I can be sure from your description, that a Psyiotherapist will probably not help.
My advice would be to go to a Chiropractor, there is a good one in D1.
Psyiotherapists deal with muscular problems, Chiropractors and Osteopaths deal with bone and joint manipulation...

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Who do you recommend?

Can't remember there details, Google will tell you...
Mike

Forget about chiropractors, find a good acupuncturist( châm cứu) much better way of dealing with the problem.

As a Doctor of Osteopathy, I can assure you that a Chiropractor is the person you require...
Accupuncture has its place and is  extremely helpful in reducing swelling and inflammation but you still need to be adjusted...
Mike

Thanks for the suggestions.

Is recommend an actual shop not allowed in the forum?

There is a practitioner called Maple Healthcare, he has good reviews...

Muscles move bones. Bones don't move muscles.

Quack!

Explain what you mean OceanBeach.
Your comment doesn't make sense if you think about it...
Mike

Psyiotherapists deal with muscular problems, Chiropractors and Osteopaths deal with bone and joint manipulation...

- @michaellieptourists

Muscles move bones. Bones don't move muscles...

- @OceanBeach92107

Explain what you mean OceanBeach. Your comment doesn't make sense if you think about it...Mike- @michaellieptourists

It makes perfect sense if you think about it logically.

Bones have no means of moving themselves except for the soft tissue (muscles, tendons and ligaments) which exert force, support and resistance at and around origin and insertion points.

The proprioceptive relief brought on through Chiropractic adjustment of "bones and joints" serves a purpose in teaching the body to realign itself while temporarily relieving discomfort and possibly improving range of motion.

However, when the practitioner/therapist considers the etiology of the mal-alignment, the culprit is almost always the soft tissue of the body.

Thus, if a patient wants more permanent pain relief and to learn proper exercises and movement to prevent a recurrence of the problem, a physiotherapist or neuromuscular massage therapist can usually release the problem(s) in the soft tissue which are pulling the skeleton out of proper alignment and teach the appropriate stretching, exercises and movements (such as workplace repetitive motions) which will empower the patient to regain control of their own wellness.

As a neuromuscular massage therapist myself, I always recommend yoga to my clients for long-term relief of musculoskeletal dyscrasias.