Getting married in France what kind of visa do I need after?

Bonjour, everyone

Thank you for taking the time to look over my post, I have a question about marriage visas.

I'm currently living in Paris, have been for about 2 months now. I've been coming here on and off since my partner is a French citizen residing in France. I'm American, so we finally decided to move permanently to France and start our life here. We plan on getting married in the next month. Does anyone know what kind of visa I need to apply after I get married? Or what happens after that? I tried to look for answers everywhere but I seem to get different ones all the time as the internet can be quite exhausting lol. I'd really love for someone to share their experience with me and give me some pointers. I'd really appreciate it!

Welcome to the forum

As your partner is French why not get her to find out. It would be far easier for her than you.
I am sure other members will post here soon. You could also check through other threads here too.

Hi.
After you get married (in France),you need to assemble proof of living together for 6 months. Then ,not before a full six months!,you apply for a visa  conjoint de français.
Which town do you live in?

Ok, Paris 😊 Saw it now.Get in touch with Les Amoureux au Ban public,collectif région parisienne.
They can help with the paper work. It's free, of course.

Good morning everyone,

I have a similar situation here.  I am American and marrying with a French citizen next month.  I was told that we have to live together for 6 months before stating my spouse visa process.  I also heard that if I apply for the spouse visa in the US after the marriage in France, it will take only 3 weeks or 1 month at the longest. 

My questions are:

*Can I apply for the spouse visa in the US without a proof of 6 months of cohabitation with my partner? 

*What should I do after coming back to France after obtaining the spouse visa in the US?

I have been a student in France more than 1 year.  I really want to start my "normal life" as soon as possible (working, traveling, etc).  So I am seeking the fastest way to get the spouse visa. 

Thank you for your answers & advice!