Bring my two dogs from the U.S. to Da Nang?

What has to be done besides a full vet check with papers here in the U.S. prior ? Anyone bring your pets from U.S.? please advise if so.

Thank you

Cat

Besides I think you should contact your aviation service regarding overseas pet transportation and VN Embassy to check if it's feasible to bring pets into Viet Nam as I suppose there would be some policy or directive about this. Wish you luck!

Please post a followup if you end up bringing your pets over, because I have the exact same question!
The advice I've received so far has been to hire a pet exporter, with quotes around $1,000-2,000 USD per dog.

I was given this link by another member on the site.

https://www.vietnamonline.com/planning/ … etnam.html

I have traveled with my dog twice already. Going from China to the US and back again. The procedure and requirements are the same for Vietnam. The link provided by qnbui gives you the information and it is quite easy to do. Total cost going to the US including vet visits was $450 USD and the return was $400 USD. Different pet relocation services will charge different prices and that can run anywhere form $1000 USD per dog up to $6000 USD per dog. As you can tell, DIY is far cheaper and does the exact same thing the service does. It is a piece of cake to do. BTW, I'm moving from China to Vietnam at the end of the month with 2 dogs and doing everything myself.

Which airline did you use?  Did you have to call and make special reservations for them?

Going to and from the US, I was on China Southern. Going from China to Danang, I use Vietnam Airlines. You will need to inform the airlines up to five days in advance but with China Southern it was just 48 hours. Vietnam Airlines it is 5 days.

On the international flight, how did the layovers work?  Do you know if they allow you to take care of the dogs during a long layover?

Chewdog wrote:

I have traveled with my dog twice already. Going from China to the US and back again. The procedure and requirements are the same for Vietnam. The link provided by qnbui gives you the information and it is quite easy to do. Total cost going to the US including vet visits was $450 USD and the return was $400 USD. Different pet relocation services will charge different prices and that can run anywhere form $1000 USD per dog up to $6000 USD per dog. As you can tell, DIY is far cheaper and does the exact same thing the service does. It is a piece of cake to do. BTW, I'm moving from China to Vietnam at the end of the month with 2 dogs and doing everything myself.

Admirable that you are so devoted to your dog

I can't help contrasting that with the guy who is afraid to spend $19.95 for a good chance at meeting humans...

One positive thing I noticed in Vietnam in regards to dogs was it was like back home in the west, animals were part of the family, and people actually took care of them. I remember my first day in Danang, sitting with the receptionist of my homestay. A woman walked by with her dog on a leash, coming from Thailand I couldn't beehive this. I said wow! Is that ever nice to see, and told her of the soi dogs in Thailand, laying all over the streets, they couldn't beleive it, asked me who took care of the dogs, I shrugged as I still don't know, said I think people give them scrap food and such.  And the dogs in Thailand are mongrels etc, wild sort, but the dogs in Vietnam were pure breeds and beautiful.
Still scares me when I walk by a soi dog in Thailand, my ex used to tell me never look them in the eyes, had an alpa male chase me down the street
in isaan, I was scared the thing was going to bite me.