Panama rent a car

I'll be doing my recon of Panama in November.  Will be there about 3 weeks, during which time I'd like to visit both main cities and smaller villages.
Do any member's have referrals to rental companies at Panama city airport?
What is the situation with public transport in the more rural areas?

I would avoid driving in the city. It's confusing and the traffic is a total pain. Get Marc Vargas to pick you up 507 6986 1671  https://www.facebook.com/guideinpanama1  I think he might be able to rent you a car also. He speaks English. Luis Arce is another good guy 507 6536 1179  [email protected]  reliable and speaks English.

There is excellent public transportation everywhere. In more rural areas it may not run as often but it should still be available. Many people don't have cars and depend on it every day.

This is great advice
As we will be in country this coming February 2019 for the conference and we plan on staying longer. So knowing that there people that can run us around is great news

Hi all,

I arrived in PTY late last night, and Marc Vargas was there, as arranged, to take me to the Hotel Caribe (good enough for a one night stay, but no more).

We had a great chat during the trip, and he also helped me with my luggage into the reception area of the hotel, as I am slightly disabled.

I can highly recommend his service, as it is also at a reasonable rate when compared to taxi services or Uber.

Hi
Can you send me the contact info on the guy that helped you to get to the hotel. Also the info on the place you stayed at. As we will be coming down to Panama in February and will need a place to stay for 1 night, until we decide which way we are heading. The trip is via IL but we are planning on staying for a week and not just for the conference
Thanks
Ginny

Contact info is in a post just above

Thanks

Hi, Marcs number is +507 6986-1671.

I don't  have the number for hotel caribe, i did the booking through booking.com

😀

Hi Ginny,

Although I've been here only a week, you're welcome to ask more questions, as I've done quite a bit of research on Panama.  :)

You should check out www.PanamaRelocationTours.com  they have a 6-day all-inclusive tour before the IL conference and after the IL conference.  You'll see a lot of Panama and learn all the things you need to know to make a smooth transition.  Their attorney charges less than half what the IL attorney charges for a Visa.

What is a IL conference?

IL - International Living

An event where they charge you lots of money to convince you to move to Panama and buy what they are selling  🤔

IRV from CPT wrote:

What is a IL conference?

As for the relocation tours, many people have been happy with their tours. You can read some comments on a blog post I wrote here https://blog.thepanamaadventure.com/201 … ion-tours/