Fire Stick

Can any one sort the fire stick that I have from England to use here in Spain please??

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There's a help page on the Amazon website that will tell you how to do it; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

thanks

we can get to the home page and then it freezes

It works fine from my PC (Windows using Firefox web-browser).  Do you have an Amazon account?

no

Ah - you need an Amazon account (not an Amazon Prime account) in order to register your Firestick; it doesn't cost you anything to create an account.

yes i do have an amazon account

Try this:

How to Set up Amazon Fire TV Stick

Now that you're all prepared, let's start. Here's how to set up your Amazon Fire TV Stick for the first time. Just follow these steps:

STEP 1: Take your Fire TV Stick Device. You'll find a micro-USB port and an HDMI there. Now plug the USB power cord to the micro-USB port of your Fire Stick and plug the other end of the power cord to the Power Adapter.

STEP 2: Now connect the Power Adapter to a power outlet. (Note: It is recommended to use the Power Adapter and not the powered USB Ports offered by few TVs).

STEP 3: Now plug the Fire Stick to any HDMI port on your TV. Please remember the HDMI Port number as you'll now be required to turn ON the corresponding HDMI input Channel on your TV.

STEP 4: Turn ON your TV and open the corresponding HDMI input Channel. You'll see a loading screen with the Fire TV Stick logo. It might take some time to load for the first time, so don't worry.

STEP 5: Now it's time to set up your Fire Stick remote. First, insert the two AAA batteries included in the box. Now the remote should automatically pair up with the Fire Stick. However, if it doesn't pair automatically, just press and hold the Home button on your remote for 10 seconds. This will send your Fire Stick to the Discovery Mode and the pairing will be done.

STEP 6: The next step is to connect your Fire TV Stick to the internet. This is very easy and you can do it by just following the on-screen instructions which will appear for the first time you set up your Fire TV Stick. You just need to connect to your WiFi connection by entering the password. We'll also advise you to accept Save WiFi Passwords to Amazon option during the first-time setup for future convenience.

thanks for your help