Comparison between Bahrain and Ras-Al-Khaimah offer

Hi Guys,

I have got a job offer in Bahrain and Ras-Al-Khaimah. I have 3 yrs post-grad experience in medical field. I will be moving in with my wife.

I wanted to know which is better in terms of cost of living expenses, rent, food, family life, work life balance etc.

And which is a better salary ---> 30,000 AED in Ras Al Khaimah compared to a 1000-2000 BHD in Bahrain? (for my level of experience and comparing the cost of living expenses)

I have lived in Bahrain before so I know it is a very relaxed life here and have a fair idea about the cost etc. But I have never been to UAE so I do not know how to weigh my options, so please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Hi TravellerPSU, Welcome to the forum.

Till members provide you their feedback, you may have a quick look here : https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … al-Khaimah

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you for your reply, Yes I did see this when i was researching on google

Depends on your priorities.  If you want to make money then obviously RAK as the difference in salary is a LOT.

RAK is small and quiet.  Not much to do there.  And the cost of living is not that high depending on what kind of amenities you want.   But there won't be much choice of entertainment options, schools and other elements.   Also in terms of international connectivity, your nearest proper airport for travel is at least 1 to 1.5 hours away.

Personally, on the same salary level or even slightly lower, I will always prefer Bahrain.  I have lived in pretty much most of the GCC countries so my preference is based on experience.   But then, I am not going to compromise on lifestyle by that choice e.g. if the offered salaries were 30,000 in RAK vs. 22-25,000 in Bahrain; I would take Bahrain as that is not a compromise on lifestyle (difference too small).   But 30,000 vs. 10,000, as you say; is a big difference and only you can decide what is important to you.