Meet other english speaking senior

Where is the best pace to go to in Fortaleza to meet other English. Speaking senior.

Hi Ijrabb,

Welcome to Expat.com

As you are a new member, if would be nice if you can, above all, introduce yourself. :)
It will help you to make new acquaintances easier.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I am getting a universal Translator the end of this year. It is a ear piece it just connect through one phone. You can either put it in listen mode where you get translation of people having conversation or there is a second ear piece the other person wears and you can talk directly back a forth.  They already have this device but it needed two phones. I will keep updated when it arrives in November.

I think this is going to cripple your portuguese learning

Moving on Nothing to see here...

Where is the best pace to go to in Fortaleza to meet other English. Speaking senior.

-@ljrabb

Consider grabbing a gig on teaching english to willing and paying students, Through a school, or private lessons.  The pay might not be that great, it's mostly cigarette and beer money, but it will improve your Portuguese Speaking Skills.   You often learn more when you teach, although this is valid for your thought subject.

Fortaleza is a destination for investors, a lot from Portugal, and then you have English Speaking People. Most of these investors tend to grativate towards Hospitality and Food & Beverage, so you will find your people there.

Also, in places like that, Non Profits and Clergy are places that you will find yourself useful, and do a lot of the networking. 

Lastly, I would look for the local Chapter of the Rotary and Lions Club, if any. 

And another thing you can do, even as a retiree, is to grab a real estate license through a real estate office.

Your language skills will put you on front of other expats. 

The process is rather bureacratic and time consuming, but it is a way to find others of your ilk.

@ljrabb Do you live in or near Fortaleza? I live in Parazinho, 6 hours from Fortaleza and 20 minutes from Jericoacoara. I have been known to speak English and my wife thinks I am old. Seriously, Fortaleza is not my favorite spot, but I have to go there sometimes for the Federal Police or the Hospital. Just let me know, I will meet you there next time.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

This is an old thread going back to 2018-2019