Bus Transportation in Ecuador

After many visits to Puerto Lopez through Manta via air travel, it has occurred to me that to scratch my by-the-sea itch, which is one of the primary reasons for my move to Ecuador, it might be much more practical and stress free to bus it rather than deal with airlines and airports.  By my math the time spent on travel is about the same when you consider taxing to and from airports, check-in time, baggage retrieval and the ever increasing number of flight delays.  However, my internet searches regarding bus service have been confusing to say the least.
Y'all have been so helpful, several of you in particular, I wonder if you can give me some tips on finding bus transportation from Quito to places on my list which are Esmeraldas, Atacames, Mompiche, Pedernales, and Puerto Lopez.  I love Puerto Lopez; not too touristy, not too many small children, quiet, awesome resort (Mandala), but I am afraid it is one of kind.  However, I want to check out other places closer to Quito to fall in love with.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.  And since I am accustomed to paying the airfares for my monthly and/or bi-monthly trips, cost is not an issue.

Dear Jade River,

Some of the advice and experiences related on earlier 'bus travel' threads is available to you off the Ecuador forum welcome page.

You can go to that page by clicking on 'Ecuador' on the line atop this thread's title above.

At the welcome page, scroll down a few lines for Search the Ecuador Forum and enter bus travel.

Then click on the search icon .. and you'll be whisked away to a host of bus posts links.

cccmedia

Dollars to doughnuts :D your best shot at finding link(s) for which Quito bus terminal to go to for the destinations you listed .. is for Brother Archer to make an appearance on this thread.

This is just the type of research question for which Brother A excels. :top:

I'm turning on the Bat Signal for him now. ;)

cccmedia

Just as in the other thread where to find bus advice and schedules doing the search
buses quito bahia de caraquez
...you can also do these searches and get hits in English as well as in Spanish which give the up-to-date bus schedules and terminals for the towns you want:
buses quito esmeraldas
buses quito atacames
buses quito mompiche
buses quito pedernales
buses quito puerto lopez

You can do the same for just about any destination from Quito - these searches also work:
buses quito lima
buses quito cali
buses quito bogota
buses quito ayacucho
...and etc. etc.  You get the idea...

He not only keeps an eye out for the Bat Signal ..

He not only gives actionable advice ..

He even shares his research methods.

¡Vaya!

Thanks guys ... Now how do I get my hands on the Batmobile?

JadeRiver wrote:

Thanks guys ... Now how do I get my hands on the Batmobile?

If A gets that one, Jade River's transportation to the coast
is definitively solved. :D