Travel Restriction when EP is Cancelled Online due to Switching Jobs

Hello,

I am currently in Malaysia, working in company A and will be switching to company B, which informed me that my EP will be cancelled because it's under company A. The new one will be processed by company B.

The problem is, I'm going to travel outside Malaysia during this cancellation process. Company B mentioned that there will be no problem for me to re-enter Malaysia because they only just started the process online. However, I found some online article stating otherwise. As I'm from ASEAN country, no visa is required to enter Malaysia, but I'm worried if this might impact my future work oppportunity in case the Malaysia immigration considers it as violation.

Can I get advice on this matter?
Thanks!

As long as you return from your travel before the end date of your EP with company A then there should be no problem and a smooth transition to working for company B (as long as they have approval to employ you).

A Cooling Off period is only required if changing jobs where both are under Category 3 Employment Pass.

As long as you get the No Objection Letter/Certificate and company A shortens your current EP it should be smooth transition.

What you have probably read is about the need for a Visa With Reference VDR to enter to work. As long as there is no gap where you are not working between jobs (meaning you have to leave Malaysia because you have no valid Pass) then you don't need a VDR.