S pass rejected appeal

Hi everyone,

I am a graduate student (master in finance) at a leading business school in France  and I have an engineering degree (master's from France). I only have 2 internships as a working experience not in the banking industry.
I recently received an internship offer from a bank in Singapore for a trading position. They offered me 3.5K$ and the bank applied for an S pass that was rejected after a week. I provided my engineering degree, transcript for my engineering degree, letter from my university, transcript for my master.
I wanted to know if anyone could tell me the possible reasons and what documents I could provide to get the pass.

Thank you so much for your help

You should ask your employer what was the reason for rejection of your pass.

What it looks to me is that you are a fresh foreign talent. In this case, the employer must have to provide a valid reason why they want to hire a foreigner instead of a local graduate. If they are unable to provide the justification then MoM won't approve your work pass.

I would suggest, work in your home country for few years before you could try again. Good luck

Thank you for your prompt answer surya2k.
My employer said that I am not eligible for a work pass, please find another candidate and the SAT choses the opposite. They told me the chances after an appeal are very slim.  They also told me that they couldn't put the document of my school stating that the offer is part of my coursework (master in finance since the offer is in trading). My past degree was in industrial engineering so they may not see why I was doing something in trading.
Is there any documents they may or I may provide for the appeal to sort this out ? Can I apply for a Working Holiday Visa instead as I studied and still studying in France if the quota is not filled ? or this reason means that I will never get any work visa for Singapore?

When MoM says you are not eligible to work here. It's a soft voice to say “NO” to you.

Secondly, your education mismatch with the job position is another factor. Thirdly, you are a fresher, MoM doesn't want to hire a foreigner for any such job where an employer needs a fresher, instead hire a local.

Looking at the above points, it's better for you to work in your country, France at least for 2 to 3 years before you could try again. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply.
What about the Working Holiday Visa since it has nothing to do with the employer ?

You can apply as you will be sponsor of yourself.

The limitations of this visa is, at one time max 2000 visas can be issued. Below link for your reference:

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … ligibility

Note: In your profile, it shows that you are from Morocco. Your country of origin could be another factor why MoM rejected earlier.

Your employer could also try to apply for a Training Employment Pass (TEP) for you - since this is meant for temporary stays that do not compete with unemployed locals, the requirements are lower.

Thank you for your insights;
If I apply for a WHP can I withdraw the application at any time ?

I think yes.

Is that possible to make an appeal for the S pass and apply for a WHP at the same time ?  or will that disqualify me ?

Normally you can only have one work pass application in process at any one time. This applies to EP, S-Pass, WP.
I am not sure if the WHP also falls into this category. Ask MoM!