Do Bangkok have snake problem?

I am planning to move to Bangkok for a project execution. I got to know Bangkok has some issues wrt to Snakes. Is there any risk? Any evidence of finding them in hotels or in condos? Any suggestion would really help.

No

I don't think Thailand has a snake problem because I am from America ( In the country.). Compared to Rattle Snakes - Copperheads - and Water Moccasins - the snakes in Thailand are not so bad.
Someone will always bring up Cobras (Gnu How) in Thai. Their poison is almost as bad as the Copperhead but they are slow.
Note the Showmen who use snakes in their acts - never Rattlesnakes - because, if they did, they would spend more time in the hospital than on-stage.

I see many snakes in Bangkok but not the very big "King cobra's" like i see up country.

When I see snakes in Bangkok, the snakes always behave in the same way.. They "run" away :-)

So no problem.. But if you have a big garden keep the mosquito doors closed.. The big lizards (0.5 - 1.5 m) like cool houses and can be difficult to chase out...

I live in Issan a long time (More than ten years.) , there are a lot more snakes here than in Bangkok and I know of only one person who has been bitten and, of course, she said it was GnuHow (Cobra) but it was not - it was a small, mildly poisonous snake. The lady went to the hospital, go a shot, and came home.

sumit2018 wrote:

I am planning to move to Bangkok for a project execution. I got to know Bangkok has some issues wrt to Snakes. Is there any risk? Any evidence of finding them in hotels or in condos? Any suggestion would really help.

I've never seen a snake in Bangkok, but I stay on sidewalks and don't walk thru vacant lots

I've only ever seen two snakes in Bangkok in 11 years of living here, outside of zoos.  One was in our yard, which seemed to be a harmless type of tree dwelling snake after looking it up.  It was a baby, and cute, so I didn't even think of hurting it, but later on thought that maybe it could've been poisonous, but it wasn't.  There was a big snake on the upper level entrance platform at the airport once, even though that seemed a really strange place for a snake to be.  Taxi drivers identified it as a dangerous type (not something I could confirm myself, and their expertise was probably questionable), and killed it.  There are poisonous snakes in Thailand, versions of cobras, vipers, and kraits, but they don't seem to be found in the city.  I've never even heard of anyone being bitten by a snake here, even when traveling outside of the city.

Hello there , i'm Thai and living in Bangkok for 28 years now. ..
for all my life I've seen snake like maybe 1-2 times. and both of them is not harmful. i mean i accidentally found them under the ground when i was plant some tree. but it not harm human. for Condo or Apartment it's somehow depend on location. but anyway even though i went to camping in jungle but did not find one.  so i think it's not a serious issue.

they've got more problems than snakes I assure you!

I lived in Bangkok for like 1year, have never seen a snake. Been to the jungel, never seen a snake. My family on the country site they do have a few snakes, but its nothing dramatic either. They are afraid of humans, so they usually run off. If you don't try to catch them, they won't do anything. Most-likely you won't see any.