Help with company registration in Vietnam and buy a property/land

Hi Everyone,
I'm interested in open kite/windsurfing camp in Vietnam. Is here someone with experience in that field:)?

I'm looking for someone with experience that can help me in topics like:
- how to open and register a company in Vietnam
- how to buy a property/land and check who is the owner of the land
- how to build a camp and which contractor is trustworthy

I'll be appreciated for every tips/help or we can arrange some individual consultations, cooperation in whole investment

Where do you want to setup business?

Hi Matt,

Your project sounds interesting and might bring joy to a lot of people in Vietnam as the country is in dire need of outdoor activities.

Regarding to your 2 first questions, I think the best way is to have a Vietnamese Associate who will represent the company. This will avoid a lot of headache with the vietnamese administration.

Now as per your concern for the construction part of the project, it is hard to say if a constructor is trustworthy or not. The main factor here will be where you want to have your camp. If you plan to have the camp near Ho chi Minh area or any other big cities, i am sure you will not have any problem finding a devoted constructor. However if you go further into the rural area, some problem might start to emerge like skills, engagements, organisation, etc.

But please bear in mind that the overall skill of vietnamese labour is limited. I have seen some people who had to bring in oversea labour to get some work done on a construction site. Regardless, it will depends on how ypu want the camp to be built.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Promoting your own services is not allowed on the website. You should register your business in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Unless you have a Viet wife or a Viet that you trust implicitly you most probably won't be able to do exactly what you are describing.

Jim-Minh wrote:

Unless you have a Viet wife or a Viet that you trust implicitly you most probably won't be able to do exactly what you are describing.

Agreed.   Finding a chicken with dentures would be far easier...      :whistle:

Phan Rang and My Hoa Bay

Jim-Minh wrote:

Could you explain a little bit more:)?
I've heard double opinions till now. Like yours that is is very difficult without a local partner, wife etc:) and second that there's not a big problem. I need to dig deeper about details

There are highly restricted options for purchasing homes and apartments. All of them involve having a Viet citizen acting as an intermediary between you and the government.

Google: In fact, even citizens are not allowed to own land. In Vietnam, land is theoretically collectively owned by the people, but regulated by the State. Foreigners who are residents in Vietnam are permitted to purchase dwelling houses. They can own a house but not the land on which it is built.  Aug 8, 2018

I have not seen anything WRT the purchase of beachfront property for the purpose of developing the type of business that you described.

I have seen mention of 50 year lease options on properties. You need a real estate agent and/or a lawyer and  a LOT of money to even explore your options.

I'm no expert on this but I am looking to buy land and start a business myself, so I have a little knowledge from my investigation so far.

You cannot buy land unless you are a citizen. From what someone has told me you can work around that by finding a lawyer in places like Thailand or Singapore to setup a company in Vietnam for you, that you own 100%. That company can then own land. So that is something you can look into but too risky for my liking.

If you want a path to citizenship then marriage is the easiest. If you want go solo then it's minimum 6 years. One year on a business visa where you need to work and prove yourself, then you can apply for 5 year residency as an upgrade from a business visa. After that 5 years residency you can apply for citizenship and must 1) Be proficient in speaking Vietnamese to a certain level, 2) Be able to financially support yourself, 3) Be of sound state or mind, respect the laws, constitution and culture of Vietnam etc.